Timestamp Format & Incorrect Time

Sam Rawson

Hoping someone can help me with this, as we are an Australian user.

When adding a request signature field - we tick the option to have the time-stamp added below it.  Is there any way we can change the format of this to DD MM YYYY? 

Also can we please confirm where the time comes from - when the client actually signs it?  We had a returned form with the date stamp showing 12.00, however the actual signing time was 13.00 (or 1PM).  We are wondering if daylight savings which we go through in our state has impacted on this, and how we can fix this.

Appreciate any help.  Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interested to know if you solved this as I have a similar problem - the date is okay, but the signed time shows as 01:00, despite signing at 13:00. This is obviously still one o'clock, but technically one is 1am and one is 1pm, so the signed time is effectively showing as 12 hours out. (Created and signed in UK).

Does anyone know if we can format it properly please?

Many thanks.

I solved the time issue (1hr difference) - which was actually correct based on where the person was signing from.  They are in Queensland and we're in Victoria.  With Daylight Savings - the times run an hour different.  So technically he was signing at 1pm even though it was 12pm here.  Not sure how that helps you - unless the person signing it has their clock set incorrectly and that is what Nitro bases it off?

Will waiting on the format change query though.

• 3 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Smita S- Nitro Cloud PM

Hi @Sam Rawson & @AdeB

Thanks for participating in our Community Forum and posting your questions. 

We have looked into the issue with the incorrect time capture - this has been fixed, and the timestamp now displays correctly in the 24-hour format. (e.g. - 2020-Jan-31 13:27)

In regard to the date format change -   While I can see how this would be useful, it is not something we can support in the short term as the preferred format would differ across geographies. I have taken note of your request and we will look into how this can be improved further.

Thanks for choosing Nitro, and please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can help with. Cheers!