Nitro cannot open some files that can be opened with Adobe

Elton.R

Hi Team, 

It suddenly happened that some files cant be opened by Nitro but can be opened by Adobe Reader. 

It freezes NitroPro and cant open other files.

NitroPRO is able to open other files.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Elton.R,

Please provide us with the following:

- A copy of the file so we can test

- The exact build of Nitro you are using (Help >> About Nitro Pro)

- Your exact steps

- Some relevant screenshots

Thanks!

Hi Leslie, 

Where should I send the copy of the file? 

The Build is Nitro Pro 9.5.3.8

Some files open but some doesn't and there are no error messages, it freezes the whole Nitro application. 

Exact steps: 

-Nitro is set to default

-after clicking the files that doesn't open, it only freezes the application (no error messages).

-Please note that if we open the files using Adobe

We really need your assistance please. 

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Elton.R,

Unfortunately we no longer support Nitro Pro 9.
It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

If you would like to trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 13, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try
It will run as a full-featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader.
You can learn all about some of the features here: https://www.gonitro.com/resources/videos

Hope that helps!

HI,

I'm having the same issue as Elton R. My build of Nitro is 11.0.8.470.

All I'm doing is opening the file. It was created using the inbuilt driver from AutoCAD LT 2018. It looks like the file displays the linework and hatches but is having difficulty displaying the text.

How do I attached the problem file?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Leslie, 

As per the issue above, can i please have the price for the updated version of Nitro we require? 

Also if we agree to the 14 day trial following that do we provide details to purchase? and will it then need to be reinstalled? 

Thanks 

Adriana - Ink Support 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Adriana L,

You can check the pricing and upgrade your license here: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade

I cannot locate your serial number using the email address that you are using so I cannot check the eligibility, unfortunately.

You can send it to me via direct message so I can check.

Cheers!

Hi Leslie, 

Good morning. 

We have upgraded the license as you have suggested but we are still getting some complications.

We are intermittently getting this error: "Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working."

This is intermittently happening on File Explorer, and outlook and sometimes we are getting this error within Nitro when editing or merging PDF files.

We have already ran a repair and rebooted the computer. 

Please address this concern urgently because it is affecting our productivity.

Hi Lesley,

Good morning.

We are still getting issues with the new Nitro version that you have recommended.

@Adriana L is getting the complications, can you please help us out?

Is there a phone number we can call to get to a faster resolution? 

Your reply to matter will highly be appreciated. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Elton.R,

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1360108/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001671

When your system is back up, close all of your open applications and install Nitro Pro 13.6.0.108 from the page I have provided below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps!

Edited by Leslie V.

Hi Leslie, 

I did the clean install but its still the same. 

I have a sample file I can send to you. It seems to be happening on that PDF file. 

This is a fillable file (template) that the user is editing for clients info. We have noticed that Nitro runs very slow when opening this file and she gets that error when she opens it from outlook. 

This is Adriana, the person that is having the issues with these files..

I also can not preview these files in emails that they are received in, error message 'Preview Handler Surrogate Host has stopped working' & can not preview these files in their folder once saved, error message 'This file cant be previewed because of an error in the Nitro Pro'?? Then once the document is saved & i attempt to open it, error message 'Preview Handler Surrogate Host has stopped working'?? 

Also why can you Control S to save documents in this updated Nitro?? 

WE ARE ON PRO 14.... I AM SICK TO DEATH OF GOING BACK AND FORTH ON THE SAME ISSUES FROM DAY 1. WITH NO!!!!!!!! SOLUTIONS FOR OVER A MONTH. WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ASKED, WE HAVE PURCHASE UPDATED NITRO, SAME ISSUES, WE HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED, SAME ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!! FIX IT WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR YOU CAN REFUND THE $$$ FOR THE LAST PURCHASE SINCE IT DOESN'T WORK AND WE CAN PURCHASE A PROGRAM THAT WORKS AND HAVE SOME SORT OF ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

THANK YOU!

• Official Nitronaut
8 hours ago, Adriana L said:

WE ARE ON PRO 14.... I AM SICK TO DEATH OF GOING BACK AND FORTH ON THE SAME ISSUES FROM DAY 1. WITH NO!!!!!!!! SOLUTIONS FOR OVER A MONTH. WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ASKED, WE HAVE PURCHASE UPDATED NITRO, SAME ISSUES, WE HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED, SAME ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!! FIX IT WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR YOU CAN REFUND THE $$$ FOR THE LAST PURCHASE SINCE IT DOESN'T WORK AND WE CAN PURCHASE A PROGRAM THAT WORKS AND HAVE SOME SORT OF ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

THANK YOU!

Hello @Adriana L,

Please send me your serial number via direct message so I can locate your account records. Thanks!

Where is this message?? why is it not posted on here??

I take it nothing has been done & this problem is still not fixed??

Please confirm so we can decide weather we would like to continue to attempt to fix this issue or move forward with removing Nitro and requesting a refund due to the program not working.