Moving a text box

mlm

I am new to Nitro and their Productivity Suite (2 mos), but a longtime user of Adobe Acrobat products. Today I tried to copy then paste a text box to another location on the same sheet (a very basic task). It copied then pasted only to the center of the page. Now there seems to be no way to move this box to where I need it. I find it hard to believe this product won't do this!!  Ive searched through all the User guides, knowledge centers, and even looked for a facebook user group. Sorry to say today I've lost confidence in the product. Even discovering how to get on here to add this note has taken far too long.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mlm,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, kindly respond to the email message that was sent to you through the support case.

Cheers!

I did what you asked, waited for the first response and replied to it. I am now in waiting mode.

Nitro supports first response told me to hover cursor over the text box to be moved and it should highlight to orange (orange border??). I tried this but I usually saw only a dbl ended arrow, which would allow for resizing the box. When I did get both the arrow and the highlighted border, I was able to snap a photo with my phone. I would attach it but I cannot see how to. Insert other media gave me two options only, an existing media file or from an url - but this is another issue.

So I'm still unable to move my text box. Its a small simple box with one letter in it, and background highlighted yellow. Reviewing with textbox entries is one of the most used features I need the program to do!

Thank you.

• Power User
4 hours ago, mlm said:

I did what you asked, waited for the first response and replied to it. I am now in waiting mode.

Nitro supports first response told me to hover cursor over the text box to be moved and it should highlight to orange (orange border??). I tried this but I usually saw only a dbl ended arrow, which would allow for resizing the box. When I did get both the arrow and the highlighted border, I was able to snap a photo with my phone. I would attach it but I cannot see how to. Insert other media gave me two options only, an existing media file or from an url - but this is another issue.

So I'm still unable to move my text box. Its a small simple box with one letter in it, and background highlighted yellow. Reviewing with textbox entries is one of the most used features I need the program to do!

Thank you.

MLM, don't know if this will help but try changing the zoom on the page to around 150 or 200 or so and then see if you get a solid black arrow for moving it after it is highlighted in orange. Sometimes text boxes are too small to grab and zooming in helps...

Thank you mfiske, yes, this did work. I had to zoom in quite a bit though. This will be interesting in the long run as I see so much less of the sheet I'm working on so a bit less efficient for me but I'll need to play around with it. When I review hotel floor plans I place these "Keynote" text boxes on multiple rooms then write a separate list with all the related comments. When your sheet size is 24x36 or larger, its a lot of zooming.

Thanks again!