Transferring or buying new

John Combo

I am Nitro Pro 12 user on old laptop.  It is a perpetual license.  I want Nitro Pro 12 or 13 for a new computer.  Should I transfer Nitro Pro 12 to the new computer and then upgrade to 13 or keep 12 on the old computer, where I might need it, and buy 13 new?  And would 13 new be more because the new computer might look like I'm not an existing user and would thus be charged more?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Lilly,

Thanks for reaching out!

When you upgrade to a newer version, the older license becomes invalid. You get a new serial number for the new version.

With your current license, you can install on a primary computer and also a secondary computer. This is to allow you access to our product whilst you are away from your primary installation.

If you need to install on third or more computers you would need to purchase additional licenses.

If you wish to upgrade, you get it at a discounted price here: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade
You'll get a new license for up to 2 computers.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

If I purchase a new license for Nitro Pro 13 for my new computer, what happens to my Nitro Pro 12 on the old computer?  Don't I need to check, using my registration number, availability for a reduced price to 13?  Would I end up with Nitro Pro 13 on my new computer and nothing on my old computer?  Or would I have 13 on the new computer and 12 on the old computer?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Lilly,

When you upgrade to Nitro Pro 13 using your Nitro pro 12 key, you get it at a discounted rate. Your version 12 key is then invalid. You will be given a new Nitro Pro 13 key.

This key can be used on up to 2 computers (just like your old Nitro Pro 12 key). You can install and activate Nitro Pro 13 on your old and new computers and use the same version 13 key.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

So on my new computer I log in to gonitro, provide the registration code for my Pro 12 on my old computer, system recognizes I'm entitled to reduced price, I buy 13 at reduced price and install on new computer?  I then copy the registration code for Pro 13, log into gonitro on my old computer, download trial version, and supply that registration code for the backup copy on my old computer?  Do I have to deactivate or uninstall the old Pro 12 on my old computer?

Thank you.

And if I want I could install 12.6 on my new computer since I never installed it on another computer other than my old one?  Or am I unable to download a Pro 12 from your website to which I would add my "old" registration code"?