VIP Access like is it worth it and how much it costs a year by itself

POSEIDON

I have a few questions in regards to this. Number one is I bought 2 licenses since I have a desktop and a laptop, so does a VIP access covers both licenses or will I have to buy 2 VIP access for each license that I have bought. Also do you guys still provide security updates for current Nitro Pro versions,  I have the latest installed on both machines Version 13.2.6.26, so say in a few months you guys release a security patch or just a minor update, will I still be covered without the VIP Access. 

I know VIP access includes free upgrades say you guys release a new version 14 or something like that. Now do you guys offer discounts for people that don't have VIP access but got the previous version of the program? If so how much of a discount do you guys offer? 

One question about updates, do you guys push the updates automatically? I didn't see an update button under the help tab when I opened my Nitro Pro version. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @POSEIDON,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To properly answer your inquiries, I copied and pasted them below:

a. I bought 2 licenses since I have a desktop and a laptop, so does a VIP access covers both licenses or will I have to buy 2 VIP access for each license that I have bought.

Answer: Your accounts record show you purchased two single-user licenses with different serial numbers. When purchasing a VIP Access, it only covers one single-user license. 

b. Do you guys still provide security updates for current Nitro Pro versions,  I have the latest installed on both machines Version 13.2.6.26, so say in a few months you guys release a security patch or just a minor update, will I still be covered without the VIP Access.

Answer: Our security updates are in full package that can be installed on top of the build you current have. You may find them by visiting this page from time to time:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

c. I know VIP access includes free upgrades say you guys release a new version 14 or something like that. Now do you guys offer discounts for people that don't have VIP access but got the previous version of the program? If so how much of a discount do you guys offer? 

Answer: Users without VIP Access can upgrade to the latest version by accessing our Upgrade Portal https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade with a discounted rate of $79.99.

d. One question about updates. Do you guys push the updates automatically? I did not see an update button under the help tab when I opened my Nitro Pro version.

Answer: Nitro Pro does not push updates automatically. With previous versions of Nitro Pro (10 and older), we had a Check for Updates feature under Help tab and was removed by our product team.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @POSEIDON,

Thank you for your response and patience.

To purchase a VIP Access, it would cost you $49.99. For two licenses, it will be $99.98.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Great thank you for your reply. One more question that I can think of for this thread. Do you have the direct link to purchase the VIP Access, should I decide to go that route. Thank you again.

• I agree 1

• 5 months later...

io ho sempre avuto  accesso VIP  ma nel febbraio 2019  alla scadenza  chiesi al supporto il rinnovo annuale.

mi rispose che era scaduto e che non potevo rinnovare.

nei aggiornamenti passati mi è stato fatto pagare prima di aggiornare questa volta non è possibile.

devo pagare l'aggiornamento normale.

non faccio più l'abbonamento VIP   perchè se la prossima versione arriva come sempre dopo la prossima scadenza è inutile.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Levella,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please be aware you can only purchase VIP Access if you will also upgrade your Nitro Pro 12 with a discounted rate by entering its serial number in our Upgrade Portal:

https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Thank you for choosing Nitro and stay safe always!

ok, thanks., It looks like i'm eligible. 

Can  i ask you, so that i know if if worth upgrading...

1. Can i setup e-signatures on a pdf or do i have to do it on the word doc before converting to pdf?

2. Is there a way to merge 2 pdfs AFTER adding the signature?  My process  is that i take 2 pdfs and merge into 1. Then i need my customer to sign the front page. But in my experimenting, it seems that i can only add an e-sig onto a word doc. And once i've done that, its ready to email, and i still haven't merged it with the 2nd doc yet. 

Thanks,

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Levella,

Yes you can setup e-signatures on a PDF file using Nitro Pro.

For your second question, kindly note we have QuickSign and Digital Signature.

1. Electronic Signature - An electronic signature (aka “eSignature” or “online signature”) is the electronic equivalent of signing a document with a handwritten signature (aka "wet signature"). This is legally binding due to the 'intent to sign'. Like a handwritten signature, there is no proper security using this method; In the same way you can forge someone's wet signature, you could also electronically sign on someone else's behalf.

This type of signature is often used for internal workflows where a quick and easy solution is required and security is not as necessary. An electronic signature can be applied using our 'QuickSign' function.

2. Digital Signature - A digital signature is also legally binding and has security built in, though is not as quick and easy to use. Using a 'digital certificate' these type of signatures verify the signer’s identity, much like having a third party witness you sign.

This type of signature is often used when signing contracts that require a higher level of security. You can apply this via the 'Protect' tab in Nitro.

I recommend reading through the following links if you would like to know more:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/pro/pdf-electronic-digital-signatures 
https://www.gonitro.com/user-guide/pro/article/digital-signatures

By adding a Digital Signature, please note you are securing a file and its contents and combining files basically changes the file.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I received an offer to upgrade my licence and to get VIP licence i did signup to. I have not received any notification about how to access my VIP. i  have a few things to set up as i have been experimenting with docusign too. Can someone assist me now that i have VIP?