Conversion to Word

Sofar Sobad

When I attempt to convert a PDF to Word, the program converts it to an image format, so when I try to copy and paste, I'm chasing a frame around the page. 

I would have thought this a basic function of the program. I am hoping there is an easy solution? Please?

The forum says this posting has to be approved before it is posted. I think I was also prevented from asking this two weeks ago, hours after I purchased the program. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Sofar Sobad,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I would love to further assist you with your concern so could you please provide the following?:

-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 
-Nitro Pro build (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.2.25) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 8 months later...
Paul Hodgson

Id like to know the answer to this. Its the main reaosn for the purchse. If all you can do is convert to an image, I can do that myself using paint. Please can you post the reply?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Paul Hodgson,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the information?:

-Nitro Pro build (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.2.25) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edited by AllainU

Paul Hodgson

Nitro Pro 13.6.0.108

Any PDF at all always just exports to word as blocks of images. Also if I try and edit a PDF I cant, it just lets me overlay letters I typoe over the top of teh existing PDF. I cant actually edit the text in the PDF.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Paul Hodgson,

Thank you for this information.

We are pleased to inform you that we just released Nitro Pro 13.19 with a few enhancements and fixes so kindly update to the latest build using below direct installer links:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

Once installed, please check if the program is still having issue converting to MS Word document.

Feel free to also read the Release Notes for this new build by accessing this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

• 4 weeks later...
Paul Hodgson

Hi, I have installed the latest version and it is exactly the same. I have a PDF that I cant edit (ie amend change the working) and I cant export to Word... so.... noit sure what I actually can do? The only thing that seems to work is combining two or more PDFs. But thats all. If I try and edit/insert text it just overwrites whats there as a complete illegible mess. I cant 'actually' edit a PDF, its like a child has scribbled over the top. But back to the export, exporting to word is the same as taking a screenshot and dumping into Word. Its pretty useless unless there is something im missing?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Paul Hodgson,

Thank you for this information and my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

In order to further assist you, please send me a sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. 

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Paul Hodgson

SO after some experimenting, If I create a word doc, convert it using Nitro and export to word it works.. but I already have teh original word doc, so not much use. If I try and export any other PDF doc that wasnt created in Nitro, none of them export properly. Can you just confirm then, are PDFs created by Nitro the only PDFs that will export cleanly? I should be able to export to word ANY PDF surely? Thanks