Check Boxes in Nitro Cloud

TwoTone Technical Support

Suggestion

TwoTone Technical Support

Nitro Cloud would be perfect for my business except I cannot see an option anywhere for a checkbox when sending a document to be esigned. I do not mean the checkboxes on the pdf, they are already there. I mean checkboxes that can be checked by the recipient themselves while esigning.

• I agree 2

9 replies to this suggestion

MaryEllen DeVore
On 9/7/2020 at 5:48 AM, Smita S- Nitro Cloud PM said:

Hi @TwoTone Technical Support, @jloock, @Jason Rothstein

I am happy to inform you that the Checkbox field type is now available on Nitro Sign. 

Cheers, 

Smita

The checkboxes are a required field. Can you give us the parameter like with other fields to make them optional?

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Smita S- Nitro Cloud PM

Hi @TwoTone Technical Support

Thanks for sharing your feedback and participating in our community forum.

Unfortunately, we do not have a 'checkbox' field type within Nitro Cloud at present. This is a request we have heard from multiple customers, and we can definitely see the value that this would add for acknowledgments and agreements. This feature is something that we currently have planned for Nitro Cloud, and should be available soon so please stay tuned! 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can help with. Cheers!

Jason Rothstein

The lack of checkboxes, inability to edit existing templates, and limited resize ability on E-sign fields so they can fit within smaller form fields forced us to use Docusign instead.  While the inability to edit templates is just an inconvenience, the checkboxes and field size issues should have never allowed this platform to escape beta. Totally unsuitable for insurance, tax, mortgage, or HR related documents that need checkboxes.

• Official Nitronaut
Smita S- Nitro Cloud PM

Hi @MaryEllen DeVore

Thanks for providing your feedback. 

Checkboxes in Nitro Sign can now be marked optional, similar to other field types.

When Required - a checkbox needs to be checked before the user can submit the document
When Optional - a checkbox can be left unchecked while submitting the document

Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can help with!

The Checkboxes are great, and are potentially capable of allowing my company to Nitro Sign a LOT more..  HOWEVER..  One thing that would make Forms a LOT easier to use, would be the use of Radio Buttons.  Most of the time, I'm using Checkboxes to select an individual option out of 2-5 pre-arranged choices.  A Radio Button, or maybe "Checkbox Group", would allow for only 1 checkbox to be selected out of the group of options.

For example, using the current system, a signer can state that they are Single, Married, Separated, Divorced, and Widowed all at the same time.  If there could be a "Checkbox Group" or something along the lines, then the signer could only be 1 of those, and selecting a different option would immediately remove the checkmark from the currently-checked option.

Andrew Bienkowski

Is also possible to add radio box. Some forms require direct Yes/No choice answers and it not possible to achieve this with checkbox