How to Set a Scaling Preference

kbachler

• Official Nitronaut

Hello kbachler,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

We currently do not have an option to change the default print settings (including Scale settings).  However, our developers are aware that it is something our customers are interested in. Hopefully, this will be included in one of our future updates.

Thank you for your feedback. Cheers!

The previous versions kept your last used setting. Since updating to 11 we keep having to change the setting for every print job.

Please fix this soon. The forests are crying because of all the tress we are killing when we forget to change the scaling and have to reprint.

• 3 weeks later...

This really needs to be fixed.   We switched from Adobe Pro X to Nitro Pro and we receive countless documents on a daily basis that must be annotated by hand for legal purposes (Courts and other legal/financial precedents still don't accept electronic signatures when you get up into mid-six figure transactions- you still have to print and sign).  

Allowing to change the scaling default in Settings is a very, very simple piece of coding that must be done now or we are going to need to drop Nitro Pro.    This is really unacceptable to have to open and reset the scaling every single time, dozens and dozens of times a day; hundreds of times a week.  

Please have your CEO simply order it be done this week please. 

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 11:18 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello kbachler,

We currently do not have an option to change the default print settings (including Scale settings).  However, our developers are aware that it is something our customers are interested in. Hopefully, this will be included in one of our future updates.

Hopefully?  This isn't rocket science, but is a basic feature that is clearly important to your customers.  Please fix sooner than later.  Making us change this default on every print job is neglecting basic programming.

Unhappy User
On 2/24/2017 at 9:17 AM, RJRains said:

Hopefully?  This isn't rocket science, but is a basic feature that is clearly important to your customers.  Please fix sooner than later.  Making us change this default on every print job is neglecting basic programming.

I agree 100% how can this be a difficult thing to do when it was like that in Version 9? FIX IT NOW

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hello kbachler,

Hi,

Any update on this topic?

Kevin

Jeff Barton
1 hour ago, kbachler said:

Hi,

Any update on this topic?

Kevin

I agree - any update on when this basic expectation for a modern piece of useful software is provided?

I don't know how to program but I reckon this would be a few hours work for grad fresh out of uni to fix. I noticed a new patch released 15 Mar. Downloading now. Will be pissed if it doesn't have the fix

• 1 month later...
Stuart Anson

We have just moved from version 9 to Version 11 for all our users and I now have them on my back with exactly the same problem, no ability to set a default page scaling option.

As with others, unless this is corrected, we will be forced to move back to version 9, not a task I would undertake lightly.

Given this is a feature available in previous versions which has now been removed, please advise when a fix is expected for this issue.

This is ridiculous.  Come on, fix this.  Not having the ability to change the default page scaling creates significant disruption to work flow and wastes valuable time.  Regretting going the Nitro route for my PDF needs.

• 1 month later...

Where can we set/change this scaling preference?

I don't see an option for this in the preferences. We already have installed the latest version of Nitro Pro 11.0.3.173

Thanks.

@SGo The June update doesn't look to have been posted yet, that version is from March. As stated above, they expect it to be fixed in June, so we still have 9 days left to see

• 3 weeks later...
Stuart Anson

Just installed 11.05.270 and unless I am blind, cannot see any change in the preferences. The ability to set default page scaling options does not appear to have made this release.

Selected page scaling options on print are not "remembered" from one document to the next in the same Nitro session either.

In there any news on when the fix will make it into a release.

Hi!

While printing thousands of documents and with every file all settings go to default, its just not OK. Loosing nevers and valuable time.

Our upgrade was from v9 to v11 and as I see it, it was a downgrade, not upgrade. We tried to go back to v9 but we couldn't, so we're stuck with major problem.

Please fix it ASAP.

Regards,

BX

For those struggling with the issue, there's another thread open already with a workaround posted by one of the mods: 

The workaround proposes a registry setting to force page scaling to "Expand to fill printable area", but works only when using Ctrl-P to launch a print job. It's far from a being a solution but it sure helped me take the heat off the issue with my users. 

Having said that, I just installed and tested the latest version, 11.0.5.270. Looks like the problem NOT resolved yet. Can someone from Nitro please shed some light here?

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@jonpraay @Daniel my deepest apologies for the misinformation I've given two months ago.

Unfortunately, even though initially planned, our developers won't be able to incorporate the Print Scaling fix into version 11. We are currently aiming to another build of version 11 by the end of Q4 which should contain this fix.

We are also withdrawing the current release of build 11.0.5 off our website till we fix the recently discovered bug related to Save As functionality. We will release the next build as soon as we QA the fix for this bug which should take a week or so.

I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused and appreciate your patience as our developers work hard to implement your feature requests and bug fixes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 0:44 AM, Mario K. said:

We are also withdrawing the current release of build 11.0.5 off our website till we fix the recently discovered bug related to Save As functionality. We will release 11.0.6 as soon as we QA the fix for this bug which should take a week or so.

@Mario K. Thanks Mario. Any update on the 11.0.6 release? The latest Enterprise Installer I see is 11.0.5.271 from July-21-2017. Is this the one that has the Save As issue fixed?

• 4 weeks later...
thanksBUTnothanks

Wow, close to 9 months and nothing but empty promises and excuses.  The fact that this crucial issue has not been addressed by the nice folks at Nitro says all I need to know about their understanding of user needs.  Uninstalling today after months of waiting for a fix, and going to buy a subscription to Acrobat.  Hours of time and endless sheaths of paper wasted on this one stupid problem.  What a crap product - f this.  Good luck to all other users.

Archived