Can't open or uninstall new install of Nitro Pro 11

ldekay

When I installed using nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi the installation language was mixed between English and a Slavic language. The program apparently installed but wouldn't open. It appears to try opening (little circle cursor) but then reverts to pointer cursor. 

I tried uninstalling but it claims a running program is blocking the uninstall. I tried using cleanup-oct17.vbs that I found mentioned on the internet, but the same outcome.Nitro-Pro-Problem.png

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ldekay,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Since I am unable to pull-up your account, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 11?

Also, what is the exact build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411).

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

HI AllainU,

How can I find the serial number? When I try to open the program I get just a blank window titled "Welcome to Nitro Pro" 

The build is 11.0.3.173

It may be a moot point since I was just now finally able to uninstall the program by right clicking the NitroPro.exe in the Nitro program folder. I will try reinstalling using a different installer (I installed using nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi).

I hope this works.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ldekay,

Thank you for your patience.

Did you purchase your Nitro Pro 11? If not, this could be a Business license.

That is reason why the serial number is hidden in About Nitro Pro under Help tab and installing using 'nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi' will not help because this MSI package is for Retail / Online users.

In order to help you with your request, can you please provide the following information for me?

-The full name and address of the purchaser
-The email address used to purchase Nitro Pro.
-A copy of the order invoice.

If you purchased this directly through our online store, I will be able to find a record of this. If you purchased through a reseller of Nitro, you will need to contact them directly as we do not have records of their purchases. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

HI again AllainU,

Your note explains why the nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi install didn't work. It was not clear that was a retail package and I just assumed it would be what I needed to use. I  was finally able to  'apparently uninstall the program by right clicking the Nitro_Pro.exe file in my Program Files folder .Then I tried to reinstall from a downloaded nitro_pro11.exe package. It appeared to install until I 'tried to open it and I'm back to nothing happening. A brief circle cursor then the cursor reverts to a pointer and the program doesn't open. The build is still listed as 11.0.3.173

I tried to uninstall the program from Control Panel>>Programs and Features and by using the nitro_pro11.exe but it won't uninstall. There isn't a Nitro_Pro.exe file in my Program Files folder any more so I can't try that avenue. Each time I try to  uninstall I get the same error message as before (see attached with Slavic language in the error message. I do not have Slavic activated for my computer so I don't know where that is coming from either).

Any suggestions how I can get the free program to uninstall now, and then how to get it properly installed?

Nitro-Pro-Problem2.png

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ldekay,

Thank you for this information and my apologies for this inconvenience.

If you are unable to uninstall previous install on your machine, please run our Clean-up Utility by following the steps in this article:

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/clean/000004209

Then, kindly clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

After that, re-download Nitro Pro 11 for Business using this direct link for 64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/vlp/nitro_pro11_x64.msi

After installing, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number. If you do not know the serial number, please reach-out to your local IT team.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Hi once again AllainU,

I tried using the cleanup .vbs file and it came back with an error that there was something still running that prevented it from working.

NitroProNotUninstalling.png

BTW - I do not have a retail license, I only wish to use the free version as a trial to make sure it is what my District will want to use. I plan to install from nitro_pro11.exe If I can ever get this errant program off my machine.

I didn't do anything except try to launch it again after a couple of hours and 'voila' it is working properly. Thank you for your help and understanding with the earlier uninstall.