NitroPro 12 and HP Printer - No longer prints

Michael Zephyr

Michael Zephyr

Hello,

I’m a NitroPro 12 user and have a HP OfficeJet 6310 All-in-one Printer. I used to be able to print paper copies to my HP printer quite often. 
Along comes a Windows 10 update and now Nitro 12 will not print to my HP!

Yes, I’ve run Windows troubleshooter umpteen times. And yes, I’ve reinstalled my HP printer’s drivers umpteen times. And yes, my Print spooler program is running fine.

All my other software applications, MS Office, MS Edge, and so on will print to my HP just fine. 
Nitropro 12 “sees” my HP printer in the printer selection list. And when I click the Print button for my HP, it appears to send off the print job... but nothing!

So now I have a kludge workaround: Nitro creates my PDFs just fine. But if I want to print, I have to close Nitro and open up my PDF file in another application (ie Edge) and it prints just fine from there! I’m not too happy of a camper paying $$ for Nitro and it will not print.  
Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there any known fix?

-MZ

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Michael Zephyr,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-Have you tried using alternative drivers for your OfficeJet 6310 (e.g. PCL6 or PostScript)? 
-Have you tried running a repair of your Nitro Pro 12? Did it help?
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Michael Zephyr

AllainU,

I have the latest V12: 12.16.3.574.   This is a recently new issue.  I used to be able to print from Nitro until a couple of weeks ago.

Why should I use alternative printer drivers when the drivers on my printer work fine with every other program that works fine with the printer on my computer?  

Nitro "sees" my HP 6300 series printer.  It's just when it sends the print job off to the spooler (which IS running), nothing happens.

I looked in my C drive and it looks like I have both the Nitro Pro 32 bit version and 64 bit version installed.  It shows up in C:\Program Files\Nitro and C:\Program Files (x86)\Nitro.  So I am wondering do I somehow have both a 32 bit and 64 bit version installed?

My WIndows 10 OS is 64 bit.

How do I run a "repair" on Nitro?

Please let me know and thanks,

MZ

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Michael Zephyr,

Thank you for this information and for sharing the content of the Support Tools, however, we had to remove it because it contains sensitive information.

In connection to having Nitro folder on both C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files (x86), this is normal because the latter has the DLLs for Nitro Addins on your MS Office applications while the other has the installation files of the program itself.

With regard to using an alternative printer driver, I asked because Nitro Pro works very well with PCL and PostScript drivers. Any chance you can check if the driver just got updated prior to this issue?

To run a repair of your Nitro Pro, please refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/repair/000004603

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Michael Zephyr

Hi AllainU,

I think I've got it all figured out.  With the evolution of Windows 10 Updates and my HP OfficeJet 6310 printer being an older model from 2006, Windows now sees it as an "Unspecified Device."  Why it does that I have absolutely no idea.  I went to the HP site and they said this is a common occurrence for a lot of users with "older Windows 10 compatible printers."  So I followed HP's instructions which was basically totally uninstalling the printer drivers and reinstalling Windows 10's drivers associated with my printer.  Still in Windows 10 Devices it lists as "Unspecified Device." But...the good news is it is now printing from my Nitro program!

Why MS chooses to list it as an Unspecified Device is beyond you/me.  However it is now printing for all my applications including Nitro.

Thank you for the help,

MZ