Can't install PDF Creator on ARM64 laptop Win10

EJ Greenberg

Hi everybody,

I cannot install the PDF Creator on a Surface Pro X with an ARM64 processor.  Everything else installs and activates but not the Creator module.  It simply says "Installation of the printer driver failed"  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Liz

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EJ Greenberg,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with?

You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain,

I realized after I posted that I had omitted this information.  I am running the latest build: 13.6.0.108 on Microsoft's latest Surface Pro X which has an ARM64 processor rather than an Intel processor.

I have also followed and implemented some of the advice that you have given to other people for re-installing the PDF Creator.  I have full admin rights and have tried everything as the administrator.

I have a feeling that this issue is related to the hardware of the computer. A little background, I have been using a multi-license Foxit PhantomPDF for many years until it failed to install at all.  Foxit realized that they had not compiled their software to even run on this device.  So having tried Nitro a long time ago, I downloaded the demo and forgot to check whether all features worked before buying it.  I have a feeling that Nitro PDF is suffering the same fate and can't run on this hardware.  

Any way to capture logs to find out what is causing it the install to fail spectacularly quickly - it punts almost immediately.

Thanks,

Liz

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @EJ Greenberg,

Thank you for this information and you could be correct with regard to the device's incompatibility with Nitro Pro.

If you can generate the following information, I should be able to check our resources:

A. System Information of the machine, please refer to below steps on how to save it as .NFO file format:

a. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
b. In the Run window, type MSINFO32 and then click OK.
c. In the System Information window, click the File menu and then Save.
d. Set the desired folder to save to, enter a file name (e.g SysInfo), and then click Save.

B. Support Tools log with application logging enabled. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000004465

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.