Nitro promte to check out before opening documents from SharePoint

Klas

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to Nitro Pro 13. Every time we are opening an pdf from our SharePoint we get a notification and the option to "Check out and open" or "open" the pdf.

Is there any way to turn of this notification and only open the pdf as standard?

I see that Adobe have a solution where you turn it of in RegEdit but can't find a similar solution for Nitro.  Any one know how to remove this? 

Kind regards,

Klas

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Klas,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

For better case handling, kindly respond to the email message that I just sent you through the support case.

Cheers!

Agree this is a massive Pain in the Butt. Furthermore I am always on the move so my computer disconnects from networks and by the time I have closed a file that Nitro hass 'checked out' on its own Im not connected to sharepoint then nobody else can copy or move those files afterwards.

is there an option in nitro to turn it off completely?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rodno,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, could you please try the steps in the bellow article to change the settings inside Library Settings of SharePoint?:

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/sharepoint/000003638

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• 4 months later...
Daniel Reid

Hi there

I am having the same issue. I have 13, however have gone back and installed version 12.6 as above and checked settings in sharepoint.

It is still doing this.

Firstly, this really should be a customizable feature (ie the user should be able to turn it on or off)

That aside how can we fix this. I had 13 installed on my computer previously and it didn't do this, nly after a format and reinstall it appears to be doing this now. I previosuly installed nitro about 2 months ago and it wasn't doing it.

I have a feeling it is something do do with 'enable nitro connector' - this message came up as a popup in internet explorer. I'm sure in the past I have clicked 'no' and this time i clicked 'yes' - is there a way to undo that? ie go back and turn off the connector setting that popped up in internet explorer?

thanks