Startup Errors

Burke

I have Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140 and using it on a Windows 7 machine.

I just purchased this software in the past two weeks.  I have tried to contact customer support to fix the errors that I will describe below.  But I see it is impossible to actually obtain live support on a newly purchased product -- at least that has been my experience.

The Nitro Pro software worked fine in my first week of operation.  Now, in my second week I am getting the following errors upon startup:

The first error:  "An error has occurred.  Please log in again"

The second error:  "An error has occurred within our system.  Please try again or contact support if this error persists.  (Error 401).

I receive both of these errors each time I begin using Nitro Pro.  FYI, I have tried going the Control Program > Programs > Uninstall > Change > Repair route to fix this problem.  After doing a "repair", the errors still persist.

Thinking of getting a refund through my credit card for this software, its unrepairable errors and a lack of customer service.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Burke,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

At the moment, we have received reports from a few users with the same error message and we are currently investigating.

Since repairing the program did not help, could you please the following information that would help our investigation?:

-Does logging in and out of Nitro Cloud within Nitro Pro resolve this issue? If so, is it only momentary? Do you see this when you keep the program open and running?
-Does this error appear when launching certain features (i.e. signing into your Nitro Cloud account) or does this appear every time launching of the Nitro Pro desktop program (without opening any PDF file)?
-If this only happens when opening a PDF file, would it be possible to send us a copy so we can replicate it on our end?
-Do you encounter this after connecting and then disconnecting from the Internet or does it happen while you remain connected? If so, how stable is your Internet connection?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:11 PM, Burke said:

I have Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140 and using it on a Windows 7 machine.

I just purchased this software in the past two weeks.  I have tried to contact customer support to fix the errors that I will describe below.  But I see it is impossible to actually obtain live support on a newly purchased product -- at least that has been my experience.

The Nitro Pro software worked fine in my first week of operation.  Now, in my second week I am getting the following errors upon startup:

The first error:  "An error has occurred.  Please log in again"

The second error:  "An error has occurred within our system.  Please try again or contact support if this error persists.  (Error 401).

I receive both of these errors each time I begin using Nitro Pro.  FYI, I have tried going the Control Program > Programs > Uninstall > Change > Repair route to fix this problem.  After doing a "repair", the errors still persist.

Thinking of getting a refund through my credit card for this software, its unrepairable errors and a lack of customer service.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Same issues on startup started recently. Repair and full uninstall/reinstall on Windows 10 pro did not work. This happens when opening the program any way (starting the executable, opening a PDF, etc.). Seems to otherwise work but immensely frustrating.

Thank you for your response.

The error messages seem to occur when I first begin using (launching) the program.  Once I am in the program and it is running, the error messages do not repeat.  But, if I close the program and/or go away from my computer for a few hours and want to work in Nitro again, the error messages repeat itself.  The error message seem to occur each and every time I start up in Nitro Pro.

The problem occurs when I open the Nitro Pro program, before I try to access an existing PDF file.

If I try to open a PDF file without first logging into Nitro Pro, the error message will occur -- again, only the first time I start up.

The only time I disconnect from the internet is when I turn my computer off.

Also, my internet connection seems very stable.  I rarely have any interruptions.

Thank you for any assistance you may provide.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it interesting that I received an email from Nitro Pro asking me if my issue has been resolved and should they close the case.  Unfortunately, I haven't received any advice from Nitro Pro or other users to correct the problems I am having each and every day I use Nitro Pro.  Why would you think I want to close the case if the problem still exists?

If there is no resolution (or correction), can you offer me a refund?  If so, how do I go about receiving the refund?

Thank you.

Edited by Burke
editing

Having the same issue, running newly purchased version 12 on a Windows 10 laptop. The error message appears twice when NitroPro is launched, but then the program seems to function OK. If I log out & start again, same errors.

Tried leaving the program up & running. If the computer is inactive for some time, the errors appear spontaneously, but once I click through them, NitroPro functions.

This seems like a problem with staying logged in to the cloud. Is there any way to tell NitroPro not to log into the cloud unless I want to do work there? I would rather not have any program that requires a cloud connection - most of what I do is local to my laptop.

Please reply with any wisdom you can offer!

Thanks - DaphneW

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @daphnew,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

I have checked your account and I can see you upgraded from Nitro Pro 12 to 13 last 19th of December. Are you sure you are still using Nitro Pro 12 where it shows the 'Error 401' message? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

This is very critical because this is the first time we have received a complaint that it is also affecting an older version.

Otherwise if you are using Nitro Pro 13, please note we have connected to a few affected users already to gather some logs and will be submitted to our product team for further investigation.

Hello @Burke @ryanweb,

Our sincere apologies for your frustrations with Nitro Pro 13.

As mentioned above, gathered logs was been gathered and will be forwarded to our product team. Rest assured we will keep you all posted once there is an update/fix for this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and Happy New Year!

You are correct; the version I am running is 13.8.2.140. My apologies for not noticing the exact version.

Please let me know if I can be helpful in your search for a fix.

Thanks - DaphneW

• 1 month later...
Carl Williams

So, any headway on this issue?? I've been having this issue since last upgrade to 13.8.2.140. It is also a pain to have to continually sign in!!!

While it is not a hill to die on, I do find it irritating that we still have these quirks in 2020.

I also don't see anywhere in the program where I can check for upgrades, unless I'm missing it.

CW

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Carlw,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience in behalf of Nitro.

We are working to release an update of Nitro Pro 13 in the short term which should resolve this error messages.

The error is related to Nitro attempting to gain access to Cloud services and tends to occur when users leave Nitro Pro 13 idle for a while.

You can stay on top of our latest releases at the following page:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads because the program does not have automatic updates feature at the moment.

If you continue to encounter this error, kindly close/relaunch Nitro Pro, log out from Nitro Cloud and log back in. 

Again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience this has caused you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to informed you that we have released a recent update that addresses the 'Error 401' issue so kindly update by downloading the direct installers below:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help:  https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

Feel free to also read the Release Notes for this new build by accessing this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Thank you for your patience and I hope this helps!