"An error has occurred within our system. Please try again or contact support if this error persists."

Remus

Hello, I must say that something similar is happening to me. Nitro Pro 13 (the latest update) has a very slow start. Often, there is an error message greeting me when I want to open the software: "An error has occurred within our system. Please try again or contact support if this error persists." 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Remus,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After that error message, are you also receiving 'Error 401' message? If yes, I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro (via Start or Windows button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program if you have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1). Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

Then log off and log on to your Nitro Cloud within Nitro Pro. If that didn't help, what build of Nitro Pro are your users working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.6.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hello AllainU,

Thank you for addressing my problem.

There is no "Error 401" message after the initial error message. I followed the steps you suggested and this appears to have solved the problem (no more error messages).

However, the software (it's Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140) keeps starting slowly. When it opens, I can see, for a few good seconds, only the margins of the program (the toolbars), the middle being occupied by Windows's File Explorer. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Remus,

With regard to the slowness of the program, we are aware of reports where Nitro Pro 13 opens slower on initial launch.

Depending on your machine's configuration, this could be due to the way Nitro Pro 13 handles custom font loading versus the way it was handled in Nitro Pro 12.

When you try to open a file, is Nitro Pro already open or is it opening initially at that time? For now, we would recommend you to leave Nitro Pro 13 open. We understand this may not be feasible in all scenarios and apologize for the inconvenience this cause you.

If the problem is on Nitro Pro 13 launching / opening its first file, do you know approximately how long it is taking in seconds?

Have you tried running a repair of the Nitro Pro application? You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603. Did it help?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

On 12/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @Remus,

After that error message, are you also receiving 'Error 401' message? If yes, I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro (via Start or Windows button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program if you have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1). Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

Then log off and log on to your Nitro Cloud within Nitro Pro. If that didn't help, what build of Nitro Pro are your users working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.6.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

This worked for me as well on fixing the Error 401 message issue. Thank you!

Hello Ian,

Unfortunately, the solution is only temporary because the error messages just keep coming back. Now, is repairing Nitro every day a real solution? I think not. I just hope the problems will be solved in the next (very soon) update. And I also hope that the Nitro engineers have already asked themselves: why so many bugs in such a short time? 

• I agree 1
  • I disagree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Remus,

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

At the moment, we are still investigating and once we have an update, we will let you know.

Thank you for your understanding and Happy New Year!

I am getting the SAME exact problems cited by Remus and Ian. 

VERY slow opening of PDF files.  Even tiny 24 kb PDFs take almost 30 seconds to launch program and open.  Files open faster when Nitro program is already open, but leaving Nitro constantly open is NOT a solution.

As Remus states, "when it opens, I can see, for a few good seconds, only the margins of the program (the toolbars), the middle being occupied by Windows's File Explorer."  This has been occurring since I purchased and installed Nitro Pro 13 on Dec. 31.  Completely unacceptable.

Now, I am also getting the initial Error message "An error has occurred within our system. Please try again or contact support if this error persists."  After clicking "OK" - I get the follow-up Error citing "(Error 401)".

Have also tried to "repair" the Nitro software by uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing.  Problem never went away and persists.

I am running brand new Window 10 and Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140.

Need new version and working software ASAP.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @DB in NC,

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, kindly wait for my colleague's response through the support case.

Thank you for your patience and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ian M.,

Thank you for letting know that the issue reoccurred and our sincere apologies for this.

To further assist you, we decided to re-open your support case so please wait for my colleague's email with next steps for better case handling.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hello again!

I would like to tell you about two more issues. 

1. I think the idea of adding tools to the favorite tools tab is great. However, after reboot my additions to the tab are gone. The tab is simply empty. 

2. And very rarely: immediately after I close a pdf document, Nitro reopens by itself (the app, not a particular pdf document).

Thank you.

I am also experiencing this issue now. The Error 401 code is showing after the initial error message. In some cases, the NitroPro program freezes at the initial loading screen before the error message appears; I then need to use the task manager to close the program. The repair and reinstallation temporarily fixed the issue, but it had returned. I tried installing on a different computer instead, and the same error came up. Any updates on this issue and how to resolve it?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Remus,

17 hours ago, Remus said:

Hello again!

I would like to tell you about two more issues. 

1. I think the idea of adding tools to the favorite tools tab is great. However, after reboot my additions to the tab are gone. The tab is simply empty. 

2. And very rarely: immediately after I close a pdf document, Nitro reopens by itself (the app, not a particular pdf document).

Thank you.

With regard to the very rare automatic opening of the program, this is the first time we have received such complaint. Would it be possible to run a repair of Nitro Pro and see if that fixes it?

In connection to the reverting of tools, are you referring to 'Add Tools' button under Home tab that does not save after rebooting your machine? Could you please also try adding shortcuts in your Quick Access Toolbar if it does the same reverting behavior?

If it does and this issue started happening after upgrading from Nitro Pro 12 to 13, kindly examine the Registry of your machine through Run > regedit.  Make sure to save a backup before making any change by referring to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

Then Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Nitro > Pro. Are you seeing folders for 12 and 13? Would it be possible deleting 12 folder, rebooting your machine and see if you still have the same issue?

With so many users reporting the same issue it sounds like there is a systemic bug with Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140. It is more of an inconvenience than a show-stopper as I can still use the application once I click through the error messages but quite simply this should not be happening.  I await the latest Nitronaut reponse to see how this can be fixed!

I appear to be having the same issue even after running the Repair as described above.

When I launch the application I receive 2 message boxes.  The first stating "An error has occurred with our system.  Please try again or contact support is this error persists."  The second stating "An error has occurred with our system.  Please try again or contact support if this error persists (Error 401).

Once I get past these error messages the application seems to work properly.   These are annoying.  Is there a fix coming soon?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @SteveM @DaveBranson,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for these start-up error messages.

Please be informed we have an internal case open with our product team regarding this issue and their investigation is still on-going.

Once there is an update, rest assured we will let everyone know by replying to this thread.

Again, our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:41 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @DB in NC,

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, kindly wait for my colleague's response through the support case.

Thank you for your patience and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Thanks Team Nitro.  It appears the issues I had been experiencing are now resolved.  PDF files now open quickly and Error messages no longer appear.  Appreciate the engineers prioritizing this.  Will keep in touch if any other issues arise.  Cheers!

Edited by DB in NC

I am also getting error 401 when I open NitroPro. I can hit ok on the window and it goes away and the PDF I am opening opens normally. I get the error everytime. I am also running version

13.8.2.140...thanks

I have the exact same problem as Dannie even after repairing NitroPro.  I also have to re-log in every single time, and I've had my Quick Access Toolbar reset a couple times 😬

Am beginning to regret not paying more for a better product!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dannie @Abbey,

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience in behalf of Nitro.

We are working to release an update of Nitro Pro 13 in the short term which should resolve this error messages.

The error is related to Nitro attempting to gain access to Cloud services and tends to occur when users leave Nitro Pro 13 idle for a while.

You can stay on top of our latest releases at the following page:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

If you continue to encounter this error, kindly close - relaunch Nitro and log back in. 

Again, we sincere apologize for this inconvenience.

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

It seems that these error messages are a hard nut to crack...Time is passing and no update has been released to solve our issues...

Sorry for my impatience, but I was just wondering...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to inform you that we have released a recent update that addresses this 'Error 401' issue:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads 

Feel free to also read the Release Notes for this new build by accessing this page:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Thank you for your patience and I hope this helps!

Edited by AllainU