Having trouble activating the same license on a new machine

Alex Nation

I'm having some problems activating a license from my old machine on a new one. It keeps telling me that it's active and in use. I used the License portal and deactivated it from there as well and now I have 0 activated licenses but I still can't use it on my new machine. I can, however, reactivate it on my old machine which is very strange. I deactivated it again and tried to activate on the new machine and I still receive error 23 about the license is in use.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alex Nation,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have checked your Nitro Pro 11 in our licensing server and I did not find any error message.

If you are trying to activate a different version, could you please provide it serial number?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alex Nation,

Thank you for the private message.

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy 

As a courtesy, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Alternatively, if you were interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

I have a similar problem - moving version 4.91 to a new machine. I understand that this is not a supported version but the software works perfectly for my needs and I would like to keep using it. I tried to deactivate the license on the old machine and that does nothing.

As a side-bar, I tried to create a new forum thread for this but all the forums are greyed-out and I'm unable to make a selection to start a thread....

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @HeidiM,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Since I am unable to pull-up your account, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain - I know you're busy in lots of threads but wanted to make sure you received my serial number over the weekend. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to provide.

Thanks much for your reply, Allain.

This is disappointing. I successfully moved my NitroPro 4.91 license from Windows 7 to the same machine rebuilt with Windows 10 several years ago and it has worked perfectly for me ever since. My NitroPro license was sold to me as a perpetual license, and now I can't move forward with working software.

I am researching other options.