NitroPro13 Has Stopped Working

Scuddypup

Hello,

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 due to a boot disk failure - and in doing so, I  had to reinstall my NitroPro13 which I purchased on 10/31/19. At first all appeared well, I was able to re-activate without problem, getting the latest version of the app with the activation. Then... I discovered last evening that I could not open any PDF attachments in Outlook 2016 (It used to work fine before the Win reinstall). I tried uninstalling NitroPro and reinstalling. That went just fine, but same results - cannot open attachments. Now I can't even launch the NitroPro13 from the Windows Start window - but, I CAN double click PDF's already saved and Nitro opens them fine. I'm puzzled and frankly at a huge loss for not being able to open PDF attachments. Please help.

Thank you,

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scuddypup,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro (via Start or Windows button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program if you have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1). Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article:   https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603

If repairing Nitro Pro did not help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Any changes you are aware of before this happened last evening (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you for your reply,

I have attempted to repair NitroPro13 but this has proved unsuccessful.

I next performed a complete UNinstallation of Nitro and a complete REinstall using the available trial download directly from the Nitro website - and REactivating with my original upgrade serial number provided on 10/31/19. This provided the following results..

1) I was able to launch Nitro using the desktop shortcut and could successfully open any saved PDF file in my documents directories. 

2) I was unable to open any PDF document attachments in Outlook (2016).  After attempting to open an email attachment, I could no longer open Nitro from the desktop shortcut, nor could I directly open any saved PDF files in my document directories by double-clicking. I could see only a flicker of the Nitro program starting screen and then it would rapidly disappear. Same results with repeated attempts to launch Nitro from its shortcut and directly from its .exe file in the Nitro app program folder. I am currently using NitroPro13 v13.2.6.26. It now appears that I'm getting an "activation" notice. Unfortunately, the product will not register using the new serial number (NitroPro13), and the support page on your website indicated that I'll need to enter a support ticket to get it to reactivate.

Keep in mind that this problem precipitated following a re-install of Windows 10 Professional on my boot drive - this was a clean install. I use Nitro as my default PDF viewer/editor, and it has operated well as an Add-On for Microsoft Outlook 2016 and other Office 2016 applications.

Thank you

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scuddypup,

Thank you for this information and my apologies for this inconvenience.

Since you are unable to activate and you are still using an older build of Nitro Pro 13, let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1382140/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004307 

3. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

4. Download and install Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140 using below offline installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1382140/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1382140/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

5. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

After installing and activating, please test the program again.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Allain,

Thanks again. I followed your instructions above, and this appears to have done the trick. As of now, I have the current build and activation was successful. Functionality appears to be back to normal again, and I'm able to open PDF attachments in Outlook 2016 again.

Much appreciated,

-Scuddypup