Cannot Upgrade

Ronald Kohl

When I entered my serial number on the upgrade page, I got the message "We were unable to validate your serial number..." with directions to post here.  I have 12.16.3.374.  Suddenly, now I cannot print to a PDF from MS Word using Nitro Pro.  I decided to update to 13. to see if that would fix the problem and got the above message.  Please help.  I am trying to get you money to make an upgrade sale.  Thanks.

Thanks.  That worked, but immediately another issue arises.  On the Support Upgrade Page, https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade, under "Upgrade prices", it says, "Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance) Free Upgrade", but when I enter my serial number and proceed, I come to the Shopping-Cart Page, https://store.gonitro.com/304/purl-Pro13Upgrade?x-serial=[my serial number], where it says "Nitro VIP Access™...$49.99" and clicking on the "Add for one user button" does indeed add the $49.99 to the $79.99 upgrade price, and the next step is the "complete purchase" button.  Is the "Free Upgrade" statement just not true?

Thank you for your time.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @kxxxk

Sorry for the confusion. Purchasing Nitro VIP access is not free of charge.

image.png.958b85fb594ab58830457b8ccd188dff.png

Those who have a Nitro Pro 12 or older serial number will be able to upgrade by paying USD79.99. Those who have an active Nitro VIP access will get a free upgrade to Nitro Pro 13.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

• 2 months later...

I've tried to upgrade to Nitro Pro 13 several times prior to my Nitro VIP Access expiring 10 days ago without success. The upgrade would uninstall version 12 and leave me without either version of a PDF program. So, what did the $49 VIP Access do for me? I'm rethinking my switch from Adobe!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ken Reed,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

To further assist you, an adjustment has been made on your Nitro Pro 12 license so you upgrade to Nitro Pro 13 for free by entering its serial number in our Upgrade Portal: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

You should then receive an email confirmation with a new serial number to activate Nitro Pro 13 and to know more about some enhancements and fixes with Nitro Pro 13, please visit our Release Notes page  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes

You may also want to renew Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance) that entitles users to free upgrades for the next release of Nitro Pro and Premium Support for one year after the purchase date. (Premium Support is prioritized ticket support with our Technical Support staff/Nitro Customer Success and Service Team for one year after the purchase date).

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

I added Nitro VIP Access to the order and filled in payment information, double checked all info I added, when I click complete order nothing happened, clicked a 2nd time and the assistant box opened stating my order could not be processed at this time. Any ideas?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ken Reed,

My apologies for this inconvenience.

It appears to be working on my end so if you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, could you please try FireFox or Chrome?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.