whiteout tool stopped working

N Pontier

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nancey,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article:  https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603

If that did not help, is this happening with every files? If only with certain files, kindly send a copy so we can replicate the issue on our end.

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Allain,

I did exactly as you suggested.  Rebooted my computer before and after running the repair.  I also uninstalled Nitro 12 and reinstalled, but I am still experiencing the same problem.  This happens with every PDF file, not just one.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nancey,

Thank you for this information.

In order for me to further assist you, please send us a sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 9 months later...
Kushwin Rajamani

I am having the same issue.  I have asked out IT to fix/repair via control panel but still issues.  I try to select by highlighting (holding mouse button down and dragging across words that I wish to whiteout) but it takes a larger area.  I also now have to double click to try and removed a grey area (not very dark writing) as whiteout doesn't work.  Also having difficulty with placing a signature or pasted text in the correct place.  You select the area you wish to enter the information but it places it about 1 - 2 inches away from where you want it.  You can move it but it is really annoying having to do this all of the time.   

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kushwin Rajamani,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
CleanTech92058

Having the same issue - unable to mark certain words....takes the entire line...snap to grid is unchecked.

Edited by CleanTech92058

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @CleanTech92058,

For the sake of initial troubleshooting of this rare issue, we recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000004603 

If Modify button is greyed-out, please refer to this screen-cast that will teach you on how to go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features and repair your Nitro Pro program or any application installed on your system:
https://www.screencast.com/t/rvpUkq40c

If repairing didn't help, is this happening on the same machine that had an issue with creating stamps last September 2020?