Nitro Pro setting itself as default printer. Unable to choose other default printer. Unable to remove the Nitro Pro printer.

CityCA

Windows 10, Nitro Pro version 13

Like the title says, Nitro Pro has set itself as the default printer, and I am unable to select a different default printer. I can not remove or manage the Nitro Pro printer. What are the steps I would take to remedy this situation?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @CityCA,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Have you tried right-clicking a different printer under Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers and selecting 'Set as default printer'? How did it go?

If that did not help, let us further troubleshoot by uninstalling and reinstalling your Nitro PDF Creator:

1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13)
4. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'installation of the printer driver was successful’
5. Click OK > Close.
6. Close your Nitro Pro and open it again to test.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

46 minutes ago, AllainU said:

Hello @CityCA,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Have you tried right-clicking a different printer under Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers and selecting 'Set as default printer'? How did it go?

If that did not help, let us further troubleshoot by uninstalling and reinstalling your Nitro PDF Creator:

1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13)
4. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'installation of the printer driver was successful’
5. Click OK > Close.
6. Close your Nitro Pro and open it again to test.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi AllainU,

We did try selecting a different default printer, but were unable to. I will try the rest of the steps you suggested, and let you know how it goes. Thank you.