serial number not recognised

david78

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @david78,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab?

Also, a screenshot of the error message you have received after entering your serial number.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

To find out how to take a screen shot, check out this link: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/screen/000004108 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @lrp,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Did your machine installed a major Windows Update prior to this issue?

If yes, kindly note upon the upgrade of the operating system or installing a major Microsoft update, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode.

To fix this issue, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @david78,

Thank you for the private message.

I have checked our server logs and I can see you were able to activate your Nitro Pro 13.

Should you still need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and have a nice weekend ahead!

Manuel4Christ

I have to say I am very unimpressed with NitroPro so far.

I was able to use NitroPro13 for awhile but I have not been able to open the program now.  I tired the "new"activiation site and entered my serial number.  I get a message to enter a valid serial number and the wheel just spins.  The serial number is good. I bought the program in Oct 2019.

Who knew a person needed support for a simple PDF program?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Manuel4Christ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Kindly note that our Activation Portal as of the moment can only accept serial numbers with format 23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx where 'x' are random numbers.

With the release of Nitro Pro 13, it is now using a different format (5049xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and will soon be integrated into the same portal in the next coming months. As much as we would like to provide an ETA, it is not yet available.

To further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro 13 are you working with? You can find this out by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26).

With regards to unable to open the program, does it stay in the Taskbar and you are unable to maximize the window?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Manuel4Christ

My NitroPro version number is 13.2.3.26

When I try to access the program via a shortcut, I get a message that "shortcut can not be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions".

When i try to open the program up for the download file I received for the trail period, it says "we heard you want to leave". I enter "no I'll stay" and the screen goes away and nothing happens.

So in your (AllainU) reply are you saying you don't know when the Activation Portal will be able to active version 13 of NitroPro?

I'm not trying to be mean, but I really never expected to need support for a PDF program especially for just opening the program. 

Seriously can I get a refund for this program?  Its not your fault I haven't used the program as much as I hoped.  But 4 months in and I can open the program?  I very interested in getting a refund for this program.

Thank you

Manuel