Duplex/Double-sided/2-sided Scanning

cf16

Under the PDF from Scanner function, I see the option for Sheets: "Fronts & Backs" but this doesn't seem to collate the pages properly.

e.g., If I scan a document made up of 3 pieces of paper (front and back), I have 6 pages --

using the "fronts" option Nitro organizes these as 1,3,5,2,4,6

using the "fronts & backs" option Nitro asks me to "scan the back of page 3" meaning the 3rd piece of paper, but then organizes these as 1,3,5,6,4,2

How do I get Nitro to organize the scans as 1,2,3,4,5,6?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @cf16,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please be informed we have an internal case open with our product team regarding this issue, however, there is no ETA for the fix yet.

Rest assured our development team is doing their best for a fix and all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes

Please check for updates on page above from time to time.

Thank you so much for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks - am I just doing something wrong with the settings?  Is there another way to easily collate double-sided scanned pages when using a single-sided scanner?

• 1 year later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Andreas Truckenbrodt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

You have to make sure that your printer allows for double-sided printing (or Duplex Printing as per attached image), and that the latest printer driver is installed. After that, please do the following:

Duplex_Printing.thumb.png.774695c2db46260fb89ae7016ce61962.png

1. On the Windows Taskbar, right-click the Windows icon, and then go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers
2. Right-click the printer icon for your product, and then click Printing Preferences.
3. Select your new default print settings. ie. printing on both sides, and then click OK.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas Truckenbrodt

Thanks for your response. It's not really helpful, though, because the question is not double-sided printing but double-sided SCANNING. The page collating doesn't work: It delivers pages 1,3,5,6,4,2 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I have added you in the open Bug Report with our Engineering team to see if they can look into this further. While we cannot guarantee that an immediate fix will be released, rest assured our development team will be notified and all updates will be available on this page:

https://www.gonitro.com/product/documentation/release-notes 

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

• 3 weeks later...
Andreas Truckenbrodt

One last comment because it doesn't seem to have any priority with the Engineering team: Double-sided scanning and proper collating works beautifully in Nitro PDF version 10!

• 1 month later...
javier FERNANDEZ
On 3/11/2021 at 3:54 PM, AllainU said:

I have the same issue now with Nitro 13, and issue that was not with my previous Nitro 9 (a shame I upgraded!)

I get my scans 1,3,4,2 and not able to get 1,2,3,4

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

I have added you in the open Bug Report with our Engineering team to see if they can look into this further. While we cannot guarantee that an immediate fix will be released, rest assured our development team will be notified and all updates will be available on this page:

https://www.gonitro.com/product/documentation/release-notes 

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

2 years after it was 1st reported...has this bug been fixed yet?  If so, what actions do I need to take so this functionality works?  If hasn't been fixed, why not?