need reinstall, won't deinstall, won't reinstall

claude junge

Hi, I own Nitro Pro 10 since roughly 4 years. Never had a problem. (Windows 10 up to date)

Until today, I tried to open a PDF file. Nitro refused "not enough privileges, need reinstall".

I tried to restart windows, same behaviour.

So I try to deinstall Nitro, the process hangs during deinstall.

I try to reinstall Nitro anyway, the process hangs during reinstall.

I download what I believe is the latest Nitro Pro 10, the install succeeds but the programm hangs during startup.

Now I'm puzzled...

Edited by claudej

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @claudej,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Since I am unable to pull-up your account, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 10?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @claudej,

Thank you for the private message.

To delete traces of your Nitro Pro 10, please refer to the steps in this article to run our Clean-up Utility: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/clean/000004209

After the steps and rebooting your machines, please use below direct installers to reinstall the program:

x32-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_105914/en/vlp/nitro_pro10_x86.msi 
x64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_105914/en/vlp/nitro_pro10_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @claudej,

Thank you for your patience and my apologies for this inconvenience.

I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy:  https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

As a courtesy, are you installing your Nitro Pro 10 on a physical machine or virtual?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Wayne Eelkema

Nitro Pro 10 install files no longer work. I tried moving Nitro Pro 10 to a new machine, Now i am out of luck. Will not install. "Nitro Pro 10 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. etc......". I have tried compatibility, and running as administrator on my new Win10 machine. I guess it is time to look at upgrade for this machine, or other pdf options. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Wayne,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have checked your account and I did not find your Nitro Pro 10 license.

To further assist you, could you please provide its serial number?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain

I have Nitro on a physical machine.

I'm disapointed by your last answer added to Wayne's statement, I thought I was covered.

Otherwise I wouldn't have bought that licence.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Claude

Just tried installing Nitro Pro 10 on my neighbour's new laptop. It seems to work...

I'll probably try reinstalling my Windows 10

Sorry, if it was my mistake

Edited by claudej

Wayne Eelkema
On 2/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, claudej said:

I'm disapointed by your last answer added to Wayne's statement, I thought I was covered.

In Allain's defence, i bought NitroPro10 under a different account, i have sent him the details. While i await a response, I tried v10 again, playing with compatibility, and turning off anti virus, but still no luck. Being a long time Nitro user, I realized I have a Nitro 11 license I no longer use, but it would not install either. <sigh>. So I try the Nitro 13 trial which installed no problem. I run the trial for now.... Hopefully we can resolve why Nitro 10 and 11 will not install on this brand new Win10 machine. 

I do run Nitro 13 on my main machine, but hoped i could use an older version on the spare PC....

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @claudej,

Thank you for this information.

Could you please create a new user profile, login and install Nitro Pro there?

We have seen a few cases where user profile is corrupted causing Nitro Pro not to working properly.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi, I'm not good with user profiles. I did create one but I can't seem to log on to it. Anyway I doubt this would be much help.

I'm good with reinstalling Windows, anyway I yearned to do it for a while. The computer feels clean afterwards, no bugs.

• 3 months later...