Installation fails Nitro pro 13

GFoz

Hi,

Just bought today. If using nitro_pro13.exe it does not install, it downloads but does not install, with an error message.
I downloaded it myself and no difference, with an error message
"!Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed. "

I downloaded the nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi looking at your forum from a prior thread and it is size 194,749,190 bytes. BUT trying to install and I get a dialog box
"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I dropped the firewall . I went into services to ensure windows installer is running and then into registry to reregister the msiexec and restarted, still no luck to install.

Win10 64 bit ..can you please provide assistance on installation.

GF

OK this seems to work :

Installation would not proceed - dialog box error :
"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

https://windowsreport.com/installation-package-could-not-be-opened/
Solution 8 – Create a .bat file
According to users, you can fix this problem by creating a .bat file and using it to run the installation. To do that, follow these steps:
    Open Notepad.
    When Notepad opens, enter msiexec /i %1.
    Now, click File > Save as.
    Set Save as type to All Files and enter install.bat as the File name. Choose a save location and click Save.
    In order to install a certain application, simply drag the setup file to the install.bat file. Keep in mind that this solution only works with .msi files.
If this method works, you’ll have to use it every time this message appears.

Hi,

Thankyou. I tried this and the download above 1.707KB nitro_pro13.exe did NOT work it would not install.

I do not know what settings are preventing this on my system, but the only work around I could get to work was the 190,185KB nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi file which was mentioned in  a post to a different client with an issue. Using this file did NOT work. the .msi would NOT install on its own.

The ONLY solution I found was
Solution 8 – Create a .bat file
where you do use the 190,185KB nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi file

Thanks,
Grant.