not working after reinstallation

jan1968

We've had to reload Nitro Pro onto two new computers as the old ones were running on windows 7.

Prior to the change we regularly downloaded orders from our website on EKM straight into Nitro Pro where we could then amend them (add a logo) prior to printing. One computer was running nitro 12 and the other nitro 10. Now instead of opening in Nitro Pro, it downloads them to this file  file:///C:/Users/home%20pc/Downloads/35504%20(2).pdf

I've checked that the Nitro is the default for PDFs but can't get it to work as it did before. We have two other computers running on version 11 without any issues. I'm presuming its a setting somewhere but I just can't find where.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jan1968,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

What browser are you using on the machine with Nitro Pro 12? Have tried opening your website using a different browser? How did it go?

What is the default program to open PDF files on the system?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jan1968,

Thank you for this information.

Using your Chrome browser, could you please try these steps?:

a. Enter the following in the search field: chrome://settings which you bring you to Chromes settings page. 
b. Scroll down and select "Advanced" under "Privacy and Security" select Content Settings.
c. Towards the bottom of the screen select PDF Documents and move the switch to turn on the option to download PDF files instead of opening them within the browser.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.