Open Sans Font

Ren

Hi,

I have a PDF doc with open sans font

When I edit the PDF text in nitro PDF, it changes the text font into Arial. I even tried to copy similar text from the same PDF and paste it in the above sentence as a replacement still it turns it into TimArial font. In fonts dropdown, I can't find Open Sans font, how can I add Open Sans into Nitro PDF installation folder?

I have NITROPRO 12.16.3.574

My colleagues dont have this problem

Please help

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem with fonts in Nitro Pro 11, can anyone help me please? 

I had Nitro Pro 11 on my old laptop and I bought a new PC.  I installed my Nitro Pro on my new PC with my serial number. It seems to work okay, however, I am unable to use the font ‘OpenSans’ in Nitro Pro on my new PC. On my old laptop I simply downloaded OpenSans fonts from google, installed it onto my laptop and it would then work in Word and Nitro Pro. I have done the same process for my new PC and installed the font which works fine in Word but not in Nitro Pro. I have tried uninstalling the font and reinstalling and tried uninstalling Nitro Pro and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work! Any ideas? Many thank. Pete.

• Official Nitronaut
On 8/14/2020 at 10:03 PM, Peter J said:

Hi, I have the same problem with fonts in Nitro Pro 11, can anyone help me please? 

I had Nitro Pro 11 on my old laptop and I bought a new PC.  I installed my Nitro Pro on my new PC with my serial number. It seems to work okay, however, I am unable to use the font ‘OpenSans’ in Nitro Pro on my new PC. On my old laptop I simply downloaded OpenSans fonts from google, installed it onto my laptop and it would then work in Word and Nitro Pro. I have done the same process for my new PC and installed the font which works fine in Word but not in Nitro Pro. I have tried uninstalling the font and reinstalling and tried uninstalling Nitro Pro and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work! Any ideas? Many thank. Pete.

Hello Peter,

Unfortunately we can no longer offer support for Nitro Pro 11 as it was discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

If you would like to trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 13, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try
It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader.
You can learn all about some of the features here: https://www.gonitro.com/resources/videos

I hope this helps!

Hi, 

Thanks for you reply, but I was told when I purchased Nitro Pro that it would be a one off payment, which I paid just a few years ago. It seems now that I will have to pay again if I wish to use the product in a way that is fit for purpose. This would seem very unfair, if not illegal.  If this is the case then I would like to apply for a refund please. 

Best wishes, 

Pete. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Peter J

Your Nitro Pro 11 serial number is a perpetual license. You can continue to use it for as long as you need to, and upgrading is optional, not mandatory.

Like all software, versions are released regularly and older versions are sunset. This means that the older versions do not get updates/patches, and customer support is no longer available.

I hope that clarifies. Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks for the reply, but my issue is that I can not use the open sans font now in the version of nitro pro that I have. Therefore, it’s useless to me. It is my understanding that if I wish to use the open sans font, I will have to upgrade and therefore pay again. This is unfair as when I purchased nitro pro I was told it would be ‘a one time fee’. This is not the case so I feel cheated by nitro pro. Is there anyway I can use the open sans font with my current version of nitro pro without having to pay again? I’ve used open sans with this version of nitro pro before but now I’ve changed my PC it will not work. If you are unable to provide me with a version that is fit for purpose then I would like a refund please. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks. Pete.