Unable to Activate on New Computer

jose.j.bonilla

jose.j.bonilla

Hello,

I've gone through quite a few "fixes" to activate my license on a new computer, but everything has me running in circles between activation pages and license checks.  I have a new computer and no access to the old computer (dead). But every time I put in my serial number, Nitro says it is invalid.

Please help. Thanks.

Jose

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jose.j.bonilla,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Kindly note that our Activation Portal as of the moment can only accept serial numbers with format 23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx where 'x' are random numbers.

With the release of Nitro Pro 13, it is now using a different format (5049xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and will soon be integrated into the same portal in the next coming months. As much as we would like to provide an ETA, it is not yet available.

To further understand your issue, did your machine installed a major Windows Update prior to this issue? If yes, I am pleased to inform you that we have release Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140 that addresses this reverting to 'Expired Trial' issue so kindly update using below direct installers for the most updated build:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help:  https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

Should the program reverted to 'Trial' or 'Expired Trial' again, please do not hesitate to reach-out again by replying to this thread.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

jose.j.bonilla

Hi - sorry but this does not fix.  I have a brand new computer so I am installing Nitro on it.  My old computer is dead/gone. But when I go to activate on my new computer it says I need to uninstall on my old computer first.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jose.j.bonilla,

To further assist you, please download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13132242/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

After rebooting your machine, try installing again your Nitro Pro 13.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

jose.j.bonilla

This doesn't make sense.  My current installation is fine but the serial number doesn't work because of the installation on another computer.  Are you sure this is the right step?

Lisa Paddle

I have the same issue as Jose and have followed the processes but cannot activate my Nitro on my new computer.  I am becoming increasingly frustrated and am considering purchasing our companies licenses with an alternate provider ESPECIALLY since your Support network is inaccessible, except for these forums.  Please reply ASAP so I can get back to work on this new laptop.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jose.j.bonilla,

Thank you for your response and my apologies for this inconvenience.

An adjustment on our end has been made so you should be able to activate your Nitro Pro 13 by clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

If you are still unable to activate, running our Clean-up Utility will uninstall the program and delete traces of the installation so you can reinstall using our offline installers that I provided you.

If in case it still did not fix the activation issue, please provide a screen shot of the error message you are receiving and/or any important information.

To find out how to take a screen shot, check out this link: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/screen/000004108

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @LisaP,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please be aware that our ticketing system is the fastest way we can communicate with our customers with Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance). Otherwise, we recommend utilizing our Knowledge Base site http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase and to post your inquiry to our Community Forums https://community.gonitro.com/ (a page where other customers and Nitro Support team can collaborate and share solutions). 

To further assist you, I have checked your account and I can multiple Nitro Pro version. Could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro you are having issue activating?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @LisaP,

Thank you for the private message.

Please be informed that 'The serial number entered does not exist' means the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro. Looks like we need to uninstall the current version of Nitro Pro on your computer and install Nitro Pro 11. We then activate it using your serial number. Kindly follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Nitro Pro from your computer by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features then reboot the machine.

2. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

3. Download your Nitro Pro 11.0.8 using these offline link/s:

x64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi 
x32-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

If you are unsure if your machine is using 32 or 64-bit, please refer to this link: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/64/000003790 

4. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Hi I am also having trouble activating Nitro Pro on a new computer. Deactivated v12 on the old computer and uninstalled. Then installed v12 on brand new pc and when I tried to activate it said already used. So went to the license activation portal and deactivated the serial number there. Tried to activate again but it still says already used.

To solve it for that user I uninstalled v12 and installed v11 and activated with a spare license for that version.

However I would still like to use the v12 license on another computer, but when i use the License Activation Portal it just says 

Number of Activations 0
Number of Activations Allowed 2

Please help!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @NitroMF,

Since I am unable to pull-up your account, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @NitroMF,

Thank you for the private message.

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Hi,

I'm trying to activate on new Laptop.   I wiped disk on old laptop, so no longer use that license.  Online says I still have activation available, but when I install, it will not activate on new machine.   How can I reset so that I have the activation available for new Laptop?    I like version 6 and have no need to upgrade to later versions, as this one works great for me.

Also what is latest download for Version 6 x64?    Please indicate link so I have the latest copy for that version 6.

Car, 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Daniel Iwugo,

I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Carl Moore,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 6?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Steven Drake

Hello,

I'm also having the problem that my license manager shows 0 activations;  my license allows for 2 activations.  Yet, I still get the -23 error.  

Can you help me?

Steve

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steven Drake,

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Cheers!

Steven Drake

Hello Allain,

Thank you!  That worked as expected.  Do you think this will eliminate the other problem that's been occurring every quarter since my purchase in 2018?  I've had to reactivate NitroPro on my 2 computers each quarter because my license was being treated as a "trial".  I've had to re-enter my license code to re-activate each time.  Am I now viewed as a full-fledged license holder?  🙂

Steve

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steven Drake,

Our record shows you were experiencing an issue activating the license because the computer that the software was installed on did not generate a proper Computer ID (which is a Nitro-specific ID, which generates a unique Computer ID for each computer that the software is installed on). Instead, a Computer ID of all '0's was generated.

Please be aware that the issue of license reverting to 'Trial Expired' when a major Windows Updates was installed and generating null-id (Computer ID of all '0's) has been fixed in version 13. In addition to that and many other feature improvements, version 13 also contains some important security vulnerabilities fixes that you might want to consider when deciding whether to upgrade to it or not. You can find out more about these fixes here:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate, kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 12 serial number:  https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Steven Drake

Hi Allain,

I just looked (...in the Activate window, clicked the Advanced button...) and you're right that my computer ID is all zeros.  From what you said, it sounds like I'm going to continue to encounter the "trial expired" issue.  Hmmm.  Glad it's fixed in rev 13, but I've only owned rev 12 for less than 2 years.  Don't really want to pay for a new license just yet.

Can you provide a solution or a workaround for me?  Can I just enter my own computer ID and always keep it the same to avoid the dreaded "trial expired" issue?  

Thank you!

Steve

Steven Drake

Hello Allain or whomever is helping us today,

Please see my prior on May 5.  I'm hoping you can provide guidance on changing my computer ID (all zeros) to something that your NitriPro version 12 can recognize as a legitimate license.  I'm back on the trial period again.  I own a license.  I really shouldn't need to be doing this every couple of months.  

Please help.  Please read my prior posting.

thanks 

Steve

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steven Drake,

Unfortunately, we have no control how your machine generates the Computer ID and there is no way we can assign one for it.

If your license reverted to Trial (due to Windows Update) and you are unable to activate after releasing through our Activation Portal, your only option is to submit another forum post and we will make the adjustment on our end.

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.