Unable to Activate on New Computer

jose.j.bonilla

Steven Drake

Hi Allain,

We really need to revisit this issue.  You helped me reactivate on May 5.  Today I received an email warning from Nitro that my "trial" expires in 4 days.  That's only 14 days; not the 3-4 months that was happening before.  This is not fair.   I  can't keep reactivating every 14 days.  I paid for a full license about 1.5 years ago and have struggled with this ever since.  Now the "trial" period has shortened to 14 days.  I REALLY need a solution or some kind of restitution for this.  I would consider upgrading to Nitro Pro 13, but it really should be either no-charge or very inexpensive...because to date, I've not really received what I paid for on my Nitro Pro 12 license.

Please offer me a solution of some type so I don't need to reactivate my fully paid license every 14 days.

Thank you.  Steve

978-xxx-xxxx Feel free to call too.

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steven Drake,

Please be aware that as much as we would like to provide phone support, our ticketing system is the fastest way we can communicate with our customers with Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance). Otherwise, we recommend utilizing our Knowledge Base site http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase and to post your inquiry to our Community Forums https://community.gonitro.com/ (a page where other customers and Nitro Support team can collaborate and share solutions). 

To further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab? This is important so we know if you still have Nitro Pro 12.

Also, did your machine just installed a major Windows Update prior to this issue? If there is none, is any of the following program currently installed on your machine?:
-GFI LanGuard
-F-Secure
-Glarysoft Software Update
-Shavlik

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Steven Drake

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiBDAnrQWAJrhdwiut81RJrem1jAnA?e=FGd37D

Above is a link to the screen shot on my one drive.  I couldn't find way to paste the image in this message.  

It's Nitro Pro ver 12.16.3.574. In desperation, after reading one of your support threads, I did download an newer version of NitroPro12 last week.  The original version 12 was purchased in October 2018.

My laptop was purchased with Windows 10 installed.  I don't ever recall an update that I'd consider major.  MS sends updates for security reasons every other week.  There are lots of those.  

I checked for all of the apps you asked about. None are installed.

Thanks for continuing to hold on to me.  🙂

Steve

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Steven Drake,

Thank you for confirming you still have Nitro Pro 12 and no patching software is installed on your machine.

To further assist you, an adjustment has been made on your license so please try activating again.

However, every time any major Windows Update is installed on your system, the reversion of the license will re-occur unless you will either reach out to us again for another adjustment or you will upgrade to Nitro Pro 13.

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Steven Drake

Hi Allain,

Today I was able to reactivate Nitro Pro 12 on both of my laptops without issue; without going to the license manager either.  We'll see how long this lasts.  

Interesting that on one of the laptops, one which had all zeros in computer ID fields, now has an assigned computer ID #.  That was the first time I've seen a number assigned.  Was that the result of something you did to help? 

Thank you for your support and patience.  Goodbye for now.  :-)

Steve