Fuzzy text when viewing PDFs at 4k resolution

Kristen Cramer

Kristen Cramer

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Nitro Pro (the trial version) today. I'm using a laptop with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 (which is standard 4k resolution). Every PDF that I open in Nitro looks awful. The text looks slightly fuzzy like I'm viewing the document at a much lower resolution. My PDF documents don't look like that when I view them in Acrobat or directly within Google Chrome. In those programs, the text is crisp and clear. Is there a setting somewhere in Nitro that I can change to fix this problem? If not, it's not worth buying the full version of the program.

Thank you in advance for your help!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kristen Cramer,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further troubleshoot this issue, kindly run Nitro Pro with Compatibility mode by referring to these steps:
1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13) then select Properties
2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab
3. Under Compatibility Mode, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', click the drop-down arrow and select Windows 7 if you're using Windows 10 

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• 1 year later...
James Paine

Hi,

This is still a problem over a year later. The text looks absolutely horrible on a 4K monitor, even with compatibility mode enabled. As the original posted mentioned, this is not a problem with literally any other PDF viewer (Acrobat, Google Chrome, Edge, etc.)

Has this been addressed?