Nitro Update allowed?

Joerg Mueller

Joerg Mueller

In former NitroPro versions I was able to check for updates from the menu bar. It seems this is not longer available 🤔

That's why I've checked your website for available updates for my NitroPro 13.13.2.242 and found a newer version 13.16.2.300.

But an additional note is warning that this update is for Online Customers only. What does it mean? Could I always download and install such updates since I own a NitroPro 13 licence or not?

Edited by Joerg
  • I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Joerg

Thank you for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

We have temporarily disabled the automatic updates and the Check for Updates tool, while we are trying to fix an issue connected to this.

In the meantime, I recommend that you download the latest update of Nitro Pro 13 from here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I hope this helps!

Joerg Mueller

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your reply.

I've downloaded the latest NitroPro13 version and tried to install it without un-installing my current registered version. Unfortunately the setup failed and has been terminated with an error. Firstly the download started but then it said: "Fehler beim Setup-Assistenten für Nitro Pro" (Error with setup assistant of Nitro Pro).

BTW, when originally installing Pro13 64bit, I used a msi file with about 207 MB in size, not a setup exe with about 2 MB. Further, should I firstly deactivate the licence followed by uninstalling the current version, before installing the new version? This would be not very user-friendly.

Edited by Joerg
edit
  • I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Joerg,

Uninstalling it properly will deactivate the license so you can reuse it.

Please completely remove Nitro Pro via the Add/Remove Programs. Then Re-download our offline installers below:
x32
x64

Please let me know how that goes.

Joerg Mueller

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your reply. I've downloaded the latest version but installed it not yet. Completely uninstalling would remove the Nitro PDF printer driver from my system as well. But this printer is set as my standard printer for AutoCAD where a lot of drawing layouts are connected to. This would cause to a lot of work, adjusting a new printer. This is quit different to other "normal" programs.
You should change back your update procedure to automatic in-program updates. Completely uninstalling followed by re-installing the new version is not user-friendly.

• I agree 2