Text form fields created in Nitro v.13 read gibberish when filled out in adobe reader

Eric Thornhill

Eric Thornhill

Hi,

I recently created a new form in Nitro Pro v.13. Everything looks fine and is able to be edited without a problem in Nitro, but when I open the PDF form in Adobe Acrobat reader and type in the text fields, the text seems to either disappear or overwrite itself creating gibberish.  I've tried all the different combinations of different fonts, sizes (fixed/auto), scrolling, multi line, etc. and always get the same result. 

Additionally, when i try to create radio buttons, they all appear fine in Nitro but in adobe reader, only the first radio button will show until i click it. at which point the rest of the radio buttons int he group appear. 

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Roberta Douglas

I'm having the same problem.  I've used Nitro for years but ever since I upgraded to v. 13 any form created in Nitro will not work in Adobe.  Same thing, the text overwrites itself.  It's as if the text field is one character wide.  I've gone through and checked all the properties on the form and everything is exactly like a prior form created in earlier versions of Nitro.  I'm so frustrated that I'm beginning to think I need to dump Nitro and purchase Adobe.  I need these forms to work for my Adobe reader users. 

Eric Thornhill

I figured out that it really only happens if i update a group of text fields all at once in nitro, or copy a field from a group I've updated. like selecting multiple text fields to change teh font or size. that will cause this issue every time for me. if I add the text boxes one by one and update individually I've been able to create quite a few successful forms since my original post.

Roberta Douglas

Eric, thanks for your input.  Not the case for me.  Each text field was created independently and properties adjusted the same.  It's only since I upgraded to v. 13.  I think it's something the programmers need to look into and fix.