Very Slow Printing

Brad Morton

Brad Morton

Hi,

We are having printing issues with all version of Nitro Pro from 11-13.   I have tried many different build version and running the clean-up tool but nothing has worked.  It takes minutes to print a single 11x17 document.  Kind of stuck here.   Hoping you folks could help me out.

We first thought it was a RAM issue, but the RAM tested out ok and we even added another 4GB of RAM to the computer but it didnt help.
I monitored the system resources will trying to print and nothing spikes.  CPU usage doesnt go over 25%.  Memory usage doesnt go over 4GB and Disk Utilization is constant between 0-1%
I also updated the computer to the latest Printer drivers for the printer.  No errors on the Switch interface and speed tests are on par.

Specs of the computer:
Computer Model: Lenovo M93p-MJ02ZMB3-Type10AB
CPU: Intel Core i7-4765T@2.00Ghz
RAM: 12GB

Thanks

Brad

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Brad Morton,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-What is the exact make / model of your physical printer? Are you using PCL or PostScript driver by any chance?
-Is the same issue also present when printing to a different physical printer?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Brad Morton

1. It seems to be across most if not all our computers that run Nitro
2.  Hard to tell when this issue started buy it does seem to be tied to Windows 10 in general
3. Printer is a Toshiba E-Studio 5506AC
4. Driver is the embedded Universal Driver that is available from the printer
5.  Yes I have seen it on another printer but that other printer was also a Toshiba as most of the are in this company.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Brad Morton,

Thank you for this information.

Please run the repair of one affected Nitro Pro by clicking Windows button > Settings App. You may refer to this article for more details:

https://www.howtogeek.com/369090/how-to-uninstall-or-repair-a-program-in-windows-10/ 

If repairing didn't help, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Brad Morton

Repair did not correct the issue.

Nitro Version is 11.0.8.470

I have tried latest v13 build as well.   Still very very slow printing.