Thumbnails by default

Mike Schmidt

Mike Schmidt

I have searched through this forum, but only found old replies.  I would like to open Nitro each time with Thumbnails by default.  How can I make thumbnails come up EACH time a PDF opens?  Thank you.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Mike Schmidt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I understand that you are looking into enabling the Pages pane on the application level so that any documents you open in Nitro Pro will have the Pages pane (Thumbnails) displayed automatically. 

Unfortunately, there is no option to do that under Nitro Pro preferences. I have also checked the registry and did not find any keys specific to Pages pane. 
You will need to manually click the Pages pane button after opening the document in Nitro Pro in order to display the page thumbnails.

The only option I found about enabling Pages pane is within the document level. You can do this by opening the document in Nitro Pro then go to File > Document Properties > Initial View tab. Change the Navigation option to 'Pages pane and page'. When done, click Ok to save the Document Properties. 

The next time you open that particular document, the Pages pane will be enabled by default (please note that this workflow is per document).

Kind regards,