Can't install - "Something is Blocking Nitro from Proceeding" error

James Nachbar

James Nachbar

Hello.  I purchased Nitro PRO licenses for 2 of my Windows-10 PCs.  They have the same basic configuration and same anti-virus.

The Nitro Pro v13 installs fine on one of the PCs, but I get the "Something is Blocking Nitro from Proceeding" error on the other one.  

I tried these, but is still won't install

• I closed the Brother Control Center
  • Run as Administrator

I have downloaded 2 versions of your installer exe file (one is 1738 KB, the other is 2450 KB).  Neither works.

Do I need to do an "uninstall" to clean out anything that might have been partially installed?  If so, please send me a link to this.

Otherwise, I need help to install the software.

Thanks - Jim

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @James Nachbar,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have seen this installation issue before and closing the Brother Control Center is not enough as there is still a process that needs to be killed under Windows Task Manager. 

Please open your Windows Task Manager the look for the BrCtrlCntr.exe process. Once found, kill or end that process.
I have outlined the steps below for your reference:

1. To kill the BrCtrlCntr.exe in Task Manager, please follow the steps below:

a. On your computer using Windows search, search for Task Manager and open it. 
b. From the Task Manager window, go to Processes tab. 
c. Look for BrCtrlCntr.exe, right click it and select End task. 

2. Proceed with the Nitro Pro 13 installation by running the executable installer. 
3. Once Nitro Pro is installed, restart your computer. 
4. Activate Nitro Pro 13 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your Nitro Pro 13 serial number then click on Activate. 

I hope these steps work for you. 

James Nachbar

Thanks for the tip.  The BrCtrlCntr.exe was not found.  Separately, I disabled the Brother Control Center from the Startup group and rebooted the computer.  

It still does not allow the installation.

This PC is virtualized using VMWare, but has same configuration (including antivirus) as my laptop (also running Windows 10).

Any suggestions?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Thanks for the update, @James Nachbar.

Instead of using the Nitro Pro .exe installer, please use the offline msi installer.
You can download the Nitro Pro 13 offline installer from the following location: 

32bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
64bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If needed, the link below will help you choose the installer to use on your computer:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/bit/000003790 

To install Nitro Pro 13, simply run the msi file. 

I hope this one works for you. 

• 3 weeks later...
Víctor Ramón Rodríguez García

Then, Why does not put that installers in the download page instead of the not working nitropro13.exe?

Thanks in advance.