Nitro 13.8.2.140 crashes when loading specific images

James Paine

James Paine

I have a large-ish PDF file (4.87 MB and 560 pages) that I have found will cause Nitro to immediately stop (no error, just suddenly it's gone) on specific pages. It seems to happen when I'm scrolling and about 25% or so of some of the full-page images are shown on the screen. It's like rendering these images causes some sort of critical error and crash (though again no error is reported, though the crash reporting tool appears when I restart Nitro).

I've opened this file and successfully viewed the pages that cause Nitro to crash with several other PDF programs (including older and newer versions of Adobe Acrobat and also Chrome and IE built-in PDF viewers) with no issues whatsoever. I've submitted what feels like dozens of crash reports at this point.

The PDF itself contains a lot of sensitive information so I'm not willing to share the whole thing. I've been trying to extract just eh page that causes the crash, and will continue to work on that, but of course the program keeps crashing whenever it tries to render that specific page.

Is there an update I'm missing? I just want to view my PDF without switching back and forth between programs, and assumed I would be able to on the one PDF program I actually have paid for.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @James Paine,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

We are pleased to inform you that we have released Nitro Pro 13.19 with some enhancements and fixes so kindly update by downloading our direct installers below:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

James Paine

That fixed it! Thank you!!!

I'm confirming that now, with version 13.19.2.356, Nitro is able to view the pages of the PDF that had previously caused it to crash.

Again, thank you!

-James