Continued Activation Problem

Bonnie Crawford

Bonnie Crawford

Hi,

Received a new computer a couple of weeks ago and my Nitro has been having issues since.  Keeps giving me the 23:Error - license number already used.  I've worked with a rep a few times, but Nitro keeps deactivating and kicking me to the trial mode.

Thanks,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Bonnie C,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please send me your Nitro Pro serial number through private message so I could check its records.
To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link.

I look forward to your message.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Bonnie C,

Thank you for sending your serial number. 

An adjustment has already been made on your license. Could you please try to activate again your Nitro Pro 12 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate?

Please let me know how it works for you.

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Bonnie Crawford

I'm receiving the "23:Error - license number already used" error message again.  Please help and explain why this keeps happening.  Its happened A LOT in the last couple of weeks...very frustrating.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Bonnie C,

I understand that your Nitro Pro installation is reverting to trial expire mode. This happens if there's a Windows update, especially major ones, installed on the system. 
Automatic Windows update normally runs and installs the update silently on the background.

When this happens, the Nitro installation ID changes as it is comprised partially by the Operating System. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode.

To get the software reactivated, I have made the same adjustment on your Nitro Pro 12 license. Please reactivate it by opening Nitro Pro then go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro Activate. 

This issue has been resolved in Nitro Pro 13. If you are interested to upgrade it, you can use our online upgrade portal - https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

Kind regards, 

Bonnie Crawford

Thank you.  I don't understand why this was never an issue before?  I've been using Nitro for at least 1 1/2 yrs and this issue has only started since moving the license to my new computer.  Why is this issue only now occurring.  I'm sure my older computer had windows updates in that timeframe and this problem never surfaced.  And it's pretty disappointing to only have this issue be resolved with paying to upgrade to Nitro Pro 13.  It feels like Nitro added this issue for new authorizations so people become so irritated they give in and pay for the upgrade.  Thanks

Bonnie Crawford

I'm receiving the "23:Error - license number already used" error message again.  Please help and explain why this keeps happening (can't just be due to window updates.  I didn't have this issue for 1 1/2 years (and I'm sure I had windows updates) until I received a new computer a few weeks ago).  Its happened A LOT in the last few of weeks...very frustrating.