PDFs created in Quotewerks by myself are password protected in Nitro Pro

Christa McArdle

Christa McArdle

Hi All 

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give. 

I am experiencing problems with PDFs that are generated through Quotewerks. I save the PDFs from the programme and when I open them in Nitro Pro I get the error message "This document is restricted or has limited access to some features". All PDFs saved from Quotewerks cannot be edited when opened in Nitro Pro as it says they are password protected. Other employees do not have this issue and have full access to features for all kinds of documents. I have deactivated and reactivated my serial number but it has not changed anything. 

Why is it saying these PDFs are locked when a password has not been set? I need to know how to stop documents being password protected so I am able to edit the documents. These are PDFs that I have created on Quotewerks so aren't coming from an external individual/group. 

Thanks again.  

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Christa McArdle,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Would you be so kind to send us a copy of the PDF document? You can send it through private message. 
Please include as well your Nitro Pro serial number and the version installed on your computer. To check the version, open Nitro Pro then go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro

To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link. 

Kind regards, 

Michael Sobers

Hi @Christa McArdle

The issue that you are experiencing has nothing to to do with Nitro. The default setting when sending quotes out of QuoteWerks is "Make PDF Read Only." This is to prevent customer from making changes to the quote. 

In order to send a quote without security you would have to uncheck "Make PDF Read Only" when you click the Deliver button. 

Hope this helps,