Filling in government forms problems

Louise Seiler

Louise Seiler

Using Nitro Pro, filling in a government (USCIS) immigration form. Two problems that I've run into so far: 

1. If the field is numeric or alphanumeric, Nitro Pro won't let me type in "N/A" (which is required by the gov't). Adobe lets me do it. Why does Nitro Pro have that restriction? I'm forced to write it in by hand.

2. Date field problem - Nitro Pro is complaining that I'm not putting in 2-digit month & day and 4-digit year, even though I am doing so. Then I used the menu to jump to the year/month/day calendar and click on the day and it complained about that too. Now, I can't even skip over the question and move on - I keep getting the "Please enter  2 digit month, 2 digit day, and 4 digit year." 

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Louise

Louise Seiler

The only way I can move on is to exit from the file - have to go through 5 or 6 rounds of cancelling the error message window first and then it finally lets me close the file, exit Nitro Pro and then re-open. Then I can continue (and try to remember to avoid all the date fields). Very annoying. I'm using a trial version. When I tried to use the same file in Adobe Reader, none of the fields were fillable, so I'm stuck completing this form using Nitro Pro. 

I'm hoping a moderator will approve my postings soon so I can get some sort of resolution to this problem. 

Louise