Sharing PDF does not save content

David Wong

When one of my users opens a pdfs and adds text or a signature, then goes to share and send the pdf as an attachment.  The attachment does not show the work that has been done (no text added or signature).  I have reinstalled NitroPDF on the users computer already but it is still not working.  What else can i try?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @David Wong,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When you access or save the document, is it located/stored on a local drive or network/shared folder.
If you open the edited document again, are the text and added signature exist?
What is the exact version/build of Nitro Pro installed on the user's machine? This information can be located under Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards, 

Hi Reymund,

The documents are usually an attachment from an email. User would double click the attachment, mark up what needs to be done and then click Share -> Email as attachment. We never save the pdfs onto the computer / network itself.  

She is using Windows 10 1909 and Nitro 11.0.7.425

I followed the instructions in this post to uninstall and reinstall:

Signature is showing up properly now, however when the users uses the Type Text function, they need to click on "Finish" before they can share the document via email, otherwise the text doesn't show up.  We can live with the additional step, but just curious why that is happening on her computer.  I've done the same procedure on 3 others and they all do not require me to click the Finish option.