We were unable to validate your serial number

dale white

I am trying to get the price to upgrade from Version 6 of Nitro PDF Professional to the current version.  On the upgrade screen, I enter my serial number from the CD sleeve ( box purchased at a local retail store).  I get the error message "We were unable to validate your serial number".  The number on the sleeve is the following format:  2346XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

I recently deactivated my copy of Nitro on an old computer and uninstalled it.  I re-installed and activated it on a new computer.  The re-installation had no problems.

Help is appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @dale white,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please send the following information through private message. 
To send a message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link:

1. Your Nitro Pro serial number.
2. First and Last name of person who purchased the license.
3. A copy of the invoice. 
4. The email address used to purchase the license.

Kind regards, 

Afternoon Reymond,

Just following up on my private message to you with the requested information.  If I did not send it correctly, please let me know, but I believe it was sent.

Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @dale white,

I have responded to your private message with details of your correct serial number including upgrade questions. Please check on it.

Kind regards,

Thanks Reymund! That was the answer I was needing.  I will try the trial version first to evaluate if I want to upgrade.

Can I install the trial version while leaving my current version installed?

Thanks for the help.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @dale white,

You can only have 1 Nitro Pro installation on a machine. You can uninstall your current Nitro Pro then install the latest version of Nitro Pro in trial. 

After trial period, you can uninstall then re-install your current version of Nitro Pro then activate it. 

Kind regards,

Hello Reymund,

I deactivated my Nitro Pro version 6, then uninstalled it.  Then I downloaded and installed version 13.  It opens up and says the Trial has expired.  I have repeated this process 3 times, same result.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, my old Nitro Pro disk is version 6.0.0.29.  However, when I had trouble with Nitro a few years back, I was given a link for installing an updated version 6.  That link was for a 32-bit version which does not work on my newer 64-bit computer.  Is there a link for the 64-bit version so I don't have to reinstall from disk?

Thanks again!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @dale white,

Here's are the direct links of Nitro Pro 6 installers:

32bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional/archive/62306/nitro_pdf_professional6_ocr.exe
64bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional/archive/62306/nitro_pdf_professional6_ocr_x64.exe

The Nitro Pro 13 shows a trial expired since there is an existing Nitro Pro that was activated on the machine. If your Nitro Pro 13 is still installed on the computer and would like to test it under trial, please send me it computer ID. The Nitro computer ID can be found under Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate/Deactivate > Advanced. Please copy the Computer ID and send it to my via private message. 

To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link. 

Kind regards,