David Griffin

Getting error that "serial number does not exist"

Validated serial number

No way to get direct contact with support

The serial number de-activated on old laptop with no problem

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @David Griffin,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When facing activation issue, especially with error message 'serial number does not exist', this simply means you are applying a serial number that does not fit the version of Nitro Pro.

As an example, let's say your serial number is version 12 but you install Nitro Pro 13 on the computer. You will not be able to activate Nitro Pro 13 because your serial number is for version 12 only. To correct this, you will need to uninstall Nitro Pro 13 then install Nitro Pro 12 so you can activate it using the version 12 license.

Basically, a Nitro Pro serial number will only work based on its version. 

Two things to check when facing this issue:

1. What is the version of Nitro Pro installed on the computer? This information can be located under Help tab > About Nitro Pro.

2. The version of serial number. Our Activation Portal will help you check the serial number and determine its version. Here's the link to your Activation Portal: https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal 

Once you have these information, please let us know so we can give the correct Nitro Pro installer.
Please provide as well your serial number through private message so we can check on it. To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link.

Kind regards,

47 minutes ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @David Griffin,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

When facing activation issue, especially with error message 'serial number does not exist', this simply means you are applying a serial number that does not fit the version of Nitro Pro.

As an example, let's say your serial number is version 12 but you install Nitro Pro 13 on the computer. You will not be able to activate Nitro Pro 13 because your serial number is for version 12 only. To correct this, you will need to uninstall Nitro Pro 13 then install Nitro Pro 12 so you can activate it using the version 12 license.

Basically, a Nitro Pro serial number will only work based on its version. 

Two things to check when facing this issue:

1. What is the version of Nitro Pro installed on the computer? This information can be located under Help tab > About Nitro Pro.

2. The version of serial number. Our Activation Portal will help you check the serial number and determine its version. Here's the link to your Activation Portal: https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal 

Once you have these information, please let us know so we can give the correct Nitro Pro installer.
Please provide as well your serial number through private message so we can check on it. To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link.

Kind regards,

Hi, i have also been having an issue with 'serial number does not exist' and we have had no PDF access for three day. i have been email my account person who has only now referred me to the community site. We have Nitro 11 and I can't locate where to download Nitro 11 from as the download page only shows 12 and 13. Can you please assist? 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, AusCorr said:

Hi, i have also been having an issue with 'serial number does not exist' and we have had no PDF access for three day. i have been email my account person who has only now referred me to the community site. We have Nitro 11 and I can't locate where to download Nitro 11 from as the download page only shows 12 and 13. Can you please assist? 

Hi, 

I download Nitro 11 from (https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal) to be told that i need to contact the support team. Yesterday i sent the email to (dealdeskemea@gonitro.com) and also to our account manager's email at 9.55am and have had no response. Please tell me what i need to do to get the software working again. We have not had Nitro access for 4 days and i've had to use your free trial (starting yesterday) for both myself and my managing director which will run out in 10 days.  

Please, I'm now begging for help!

Hi Nitro, 

I would like to thank Kelvin from Nitro who finally sorted out the issues we were having. I'm not sure if you posted any of the issues we were experiencing as they all look like they are still hidden from the community but i do hope you took note.

You have such a great product but the company is let down as it's hard to get in contact with someone who can help. 

Thanks again