Stop Showing us "Edit Scanned Documents" advertisement.

David Bangs

David Bangs

I realize I have closed an advertisement in your app that says "Edit Scanned Documents" over 100 times. 

This is real lost productivity, and I do not appreciate the spam that requires me to make an extra click to dismiss the ad every single time I open a document.

Note:  I realize it is a self-advertisement, not something someone is paying you to show, but what is the difference?

Ad text:

Edit Scanned Documents

Make your scanned document editable by using

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Today!  For Free!

Be the envy of your neighborhood!    And if you pay even more for the Ad free version of Nitro we will stop showing this to you 20 times a day!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @David Bangs,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Nitro Pro Preferences has 'Notifications settings' where you can turn off notifications. You can turn that off by un-checking the 'Show in-product messages' by going to File > Preferences of Nitro Pro.

Please refer to the steps below on how to disable that particular notification:
1. In Nitro Pro, go to File > Preferences.
2. In Nitro Preferences window, kindly select 'Notifications'
3. Under Product messages section, un-check 'Show in-product messages'. 
4. Click Apply then Ok. 

Thank you and I hope this helps.

David Bangs

Thanks for the note.  I highly recommend that you rethink the policy of spamming your users with hundreds of repetitions of the same message that doesn't apply to them unless they know the secret tip to make it stop.  If I wanted to use OCR, I would just do it.  Does word advertise the existence of fonts every time I load it? Of course not.