Nitro Printer missing

Rene VARGAS

Rene VARGAS

Surface Pro 6 tablet under Windows 10 with latest version (trial) of Nitro. Installation of the Nitro PDF driver fails even using the Support Tools. What is stange is that I can see entries for Nitro PDF driver in a couple of places in the Registry (where other printers in my system are listed). Any ideas?

Thx. Rene.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Rene VARGAS,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide the exact version and build of Nitro Pro installed on your Surface Pro 6? This can be located under Help tab > About Nitro Pro (ex: Nitro Pro 13.x.x.x)
When you run the Support Tools, did it ask to run is in administrator before re-installing the Nitro PDF Creator? 

Lastly, have you tried repairing Nitro Pro through Window's Control Panel then see if it will re-install the Nitro PDF Printer?

Kind regards, 

Rene VARGAS

Hi Reymund! Sorry for the time to reply but I just activated my copy of Nitro after a re-install. Still no Nitro Printer listed. I have tried all your suggestions (running ST as admin, reapiring via Control Panel) to no avail. Below is the info under my Support Tools. Hope this helps you helping me ;)

Rene

[PRODUCT]
Product:            Nitro Pro (13.22.0.414) x64
License:            504928XXXXXXXXXXXX
Logging:            Disabled
Printer:            failed

[SYSTEM]
Operating System:        Windows 10 Pro
Architecture:        64-bit
System Memory:        7.92 GB
Current Locale:        English (United Kingdom)
Current Resolution:        1368x912
Current DPI:        96
Current Colors:        32 bpp
MDAC Version:        2.32
.NET Framework:        v2.0.50727 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.0 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.5 (SP 1)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Client 4.8.03752)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Full 4.8.03752)
.NET Framework:        v4.0 (Client 4.0.0.0)
Windows Installer:        5.0.18362.900

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Rene VARGAS,

Please try to perform a clean uninstall using the cleanup tool then reinstall Nitro Pro 13.22. 
The cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro and its process is different compared to Window's un-installation process. 
I have outlined the steps below:

1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. Not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

Note: AppData folder is hidden by default. You can access this by typing the above path and replacing the your_username to your user name. 

2. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_13192356/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

3. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. A command window will appear during the cleanup process.
4. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
5. Install Nitro Pro 13.22 by downloading a new installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

6. Once Nitro Pro 13.22 is installed, please check if it executes and opens successfully.
If it does, activate it by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 13 serial number then click on Activate.

After completing these steps, please check if the Nitro PDF printer exists on your list of printers.  

Kind regards,

Rene VARGAS

Dear Reymund, I follow the uninstall/reinstall steps and... no luck! Still NO Nitro Pro Printer :(. What strikes me is that under the Windows Registry key "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\ConvertUserDevModesCount" there is a list of printers that almost matches the printers in my system that are shown under "Printers" in Control Panel. I say "almost" because under that key there is a value with the name "Nitro PDF Creator" (Value data is "1" and Base is "Hexadecimal") listed but it does not appear in Control Panel as a Printer. Equally, the Registry key in question lists a value with the name "Print to Evernote" (same value data and base as Nitro PDF Creator) but Control Panel does not. Not seeing/having Print to Evernote is not important for me plus I have never installed Evernote in my Surface.

Finally, FYI, the (relevant, in my view) information in the Nitro PDF Software Support Tools Window is the following (I highlighted that Printer failed):

[PRODUCT]
Product:            Nitro Pro (13.22.0.414) x64
License:            504928XXXXXXXXXXXX
Logging:            Disabled
Printer:            failed

[SYSTEM]
Operating System:        Windows 10 Pro
Architecture:        64-bit
System Memory:        7.92 GB
Current Locale:        English (United Kingdom)
Current Resolution:        1368x912
Current DPI:        96
Current Colors:        32 bpp
MDAC Version:        2.32
.NET Framework:        v2.0.50727 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.0 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.5 (SP 1)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Client 4.8.03752)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Full 4.8.03752)
.NET Framework:        v4.0 (Client 4.0.0.0)
Windows Installer:        5.0.18362.900

Any other suggestions?

Cheers, René