All I want to do is upgrade from ver 12.16 - serial number not recognized!

John Kelley

John Kelley

I've been going round and round on your web pages trying to upgrade from 12.16....  My old version is starting to fail while printing web pages. 

Your web pages do not recognize my serial number:  181115571344029892. 

My installation ID was: 59245496-x-xx-266596264

My activation code was:  ---------------

I followed instructions to delete and re-install.  Same problem.  Then at one point when I entered the serial number (which was the same after re-install), it said it was converging my serial number or something to some kind of commercial account or something I didn't understand.  When THAT wouldn't work, it gave me a link to contact my administrator or something which started up an email but the addressee was "undefined".

Please contact me at jfkuvwyz1011 at wellhost dot com (AND PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE PERSONAL IDS/CODES/EMAIL IN THIS POST!)

Edited by Allain Umailin

John Kelley

When I tried to upgrade after re-installing Nitro Pro 12.16... your page gave me the following prompt:

"Your Nitro PDF Pro license has been consolidated into a business license – please contact your account manager"

That link did not result in a valid email ("undefined"), I don't know what consolidating means, nor do I know why I'm categorized as a "business license".

All I want to do is upgrade my 12.16... version and hope it will, once again, be able to print from web browsers.

(It is very difficult to contact anyone for support, by the way - I had to pretend to be a business to even get a login to submit my issue to these forums!)

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Kelley,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the delay.

Did you purchase your program from Indigo Software, an Amazon/eBay seller, or from The Soft Coffee? 

If yes, could you please share the email message or the invoice they sent you after purchasing?

Otherwise, where did you purchase it, and did they just send you an email to ask first for the software's installation ID before providing the serial number?

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

John Kelley

Thank you Allain.

I am appending an email chain showing Indigo's receipt of my $49 for a perpetual license.  It also shows that they graciously extended my purchase to cover my wife's computer as well (I tracked some issues and did a little favorable PR for Nitro).

We are currently running version 12.16.3.574.  There is no "Check for Updates" button that I could find in the Nitro executable, so I don't know if I'm missing out on bug fixes or improved functionality that I may be entitled to.  I have had no luck finding a link to download any updates from your website.  

Here is the email chain (I have other emails as well, including serial numbers and software keys for both my copy and my wife's copy - let me know if you need them.)

-----eMail Forward-----

Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2019 10:14 AM
To: jfkcpe@hfergo.com
Subject: RE: Nitro Pro 12 for Order #28493 placed by John Kelley

Good morning John,

I hope that you're doing well. Technically, we're selling 1 PC activations only however as we appreciate you and value your business, we're willing to give you a one time 2nd complimentary activation so feel free to e-mail us your second computer's installation ID and well send you over the serial number and activation code for that one.

Sincerely with best wishes,
Sean

Indigo Software
e-mail: info@indigosoftwarecompany.com 
facebook page: (please like/share our page!:) http://www.indigosoftware.net
phone: 346-251-0215 (10am-5pm CST)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:49am
To: "'Indigo Software'" <info@indigosoftwarecompany.com>

Subject: RE: Nitro Pro 12 for Order #28493 placed by John Kelley

P.S. I have two computers, can I use the license on both?

John F. (“Jeff”) Kelley, Ph.D., CUXP, f.HFES, cf.CIEHF Master Inventor & Sr. Managing Consultant (retired)
706-623-3425 (Office)
678-517-2544 (Mobile)
www.JFKelley.com

Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2019 9:16 AM
To: mjamazon@wellhost.com

Subject: Nitro Pro 12 for Order #28493 placed by John Kelley

Importance: High

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your order of Nitro Pro 12.

Step 1: We need your installation ID from Nitro Pro 12 to process and register your license so that you may activate it with Nitro and get it out of trial mode. Please follow steps below to do this.

Step 2: Uninstall any previously installed Nitro on your computer from the Windows Control Panel or Windows Apps & Features section.

Step 3: Download Nitro PDF Pro 12 from the official Nitro manufacturers website link below and then install it on your computer.

http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/release_tracking/retail/nitro_pro12.exe

Step 4: E-mail us your installation ID after you install the Nitro on your computer by following the below steps.

Find Installation ID:
1. Open Nitro Pro 12
2. Click Help
3. Click Activate
4. Click Advanced
5. Click Manual
6. Copy Installation ID from your computer install and e-mail it to us by replying to this message.

Step 5: As soon as we receive your installation ID, we will e-mail reply to you within 24 hours with your serial number and activation code with simple activation instructions so that you may activate it with Nitro and get it out of trial mode. Meanwhile, you may continue to use the software fully functionally in trial mode.

Sincerely with best wishes,
Team Indigo Software
Indigo Software
e-mail: info@indigosoftwarecompany.com 

Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:13am
To: info@indigosoftwarecompany.com

Subject: [Indigo Software] Order #28493 placed by John Kelley

Hello Indigo Software,

John Kelley placed a new order with your store, Aug 18 08:13AM:
*  1x Nitro Pro 12 PDF Editor Download (Better than Adobe®
Acrobat® Pro) - FOR PC ONLY  for $49.99 each

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Kelley,

Thank you.

The Indigo Software company is not an authorized Nitro re-seller, and the serial number they sold to you seems to be a cracked version, this is the reason why that serial number does not exist in our system, Nitro's licensing server.

When you purchase a Nitro Pro license from a legitimate re-seller or directly from Nitro, you will automatically receive a serial number. 

Similar reports from a few users also shared that (Looking at the attached email thread), they asked first for the software's installation ID before providing the serial number and then instructed you to manually activate the software that did not go through our licensing server.

Legit and authorized re-sellers (https://www.gonitro.com/partners) will not ask for the installation ID before providing a serial number.

My apologies but Nitro Support cannot assist you further due to a serial number that does not exist in our licensing server.

You may reach out to Indigo Software by visiting https://indigosoftwarecompany.com/community/contact for assistance and to report this fraudulent seller.

If you are interested in purchasing 'Nitro PDF Pro' from our website, kindly visit https://www.gonitro.com/pricing#nitro-pdf-pro 

Thank you and good luck!