Activation Issue

Igor Djordjevic

Igor Djordjevic

I recently switched computers, and, as many others before me, found myself in a situation where I cannot activate the product that was, back in the day, advertised as "one-time purchase". The installation downloaded from the website, as it turned out, does not recognize my serial number any longer, as I was running an older version, and I no longer have the old installation file, since I naively cleared the old PC from software, intending to do everything legally and "by the book". Realizing (too late) that I am not alone in this, and reading through the forum, I see these kind of cases vary, from those who are bluntly instructed to just purchase a new license at full retail, those who are advised to submit their product data in order to get a discount offer on a newer version, and those who got actual assistance with activation. Please advise, my serial number is ********, Cleverbridge reference number *****, date of purchase Mar 10, 2016.

From the previous posts of fellow users, I can already tell I will get a reply stating that versions 10 to 12 are no longer supported. This I am aware of. But kindly note that I am not asking for support with performance issues (never had any of those) or with ways to operate the software, I am simply trying to keep using what was paid for. Could you please refer me to a site where I could acquire the installation which would recognize my serial number, and I really do not care if it is an old/outdated one?

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted confidential information

• Official Nitronaut
Leslie V

Hello Igor,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 10 and its activation servers have been shut down. You may refer to our Sunset Policy here: https://www.gonitro.com/legal/sunset-policy

We recommend upgrading to our latest version, V14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 14, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Izabela Pogracka Michalak

But it was "one-time purchase" (I have the same situation). Why do we have to pay for the license again? We've already paid for it.

• I agree 1

Igor Djordjevic
Posted (edited)

Hello Leslie,

On attempt to use the suggested link, I was prompted for the serial number (***). After the requested input, I got the following message: "We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

Please advise.

Edited by Leslie V

• 2 weeks later...
Igor Djordjevic
Posted (edited)

Good people of Nitro support,

It's been two weeks since I was practically stripped of the legally purchased license, and with it, of the usability of the software. Now, this being a tool that I was actually using (as I am sure your company intended when it released it, and charged me for it), I don't really have time to wait astounding 10 days for a message to be approved by a moderator on some forum, which is what is happening right now (my previous message stewing since May 30), and then another couple of days to get a reply. Could we kindly speed this along, we're not trading baseball cards here?

Edited by Igor Djordjevic
grammar

• 2 weeks later...
All Damage Restoration

Good afternoon, I change computer and dont see my serial number to put it on the new computer. I use to log in in nitro ***********

Can you please help me. 

Edited by Leslie V

Igor Djordjevic
Posted (edited)

Hi Leslie,

Thank you, the link works now, i. e. it recognizes the license number. I am now getting an offer to upgrade to version 14 for a discounted price of EUR 89.99. I don't really consider this fair (agreeing entirely with the post of Izabela Pogracka Michalak above), because I neither did need, nor want the new version, and now I have to pay for it, but fine. It was obviously my error of judgement to delete the old installation file, lesson learned.

Prior to proceeding to payment and in order to avoid any further misunderstandings, I would just need one thing clarified: is this EUR 89.99 for permanent license ("one-time purchase", you know, like the one I had) or a renewable (annual) one?

Edited by Igor Djordjevic
spelling

• Official Nitronaut
Leslie V
On 6/19/2024 at 2:05 AM, All Damage Restoration said:

Good afternoon, I change computer and dont see my serial number to put it on the new computer. I use to log in in nitro ***********

Can you please help me. 

@All Damage Restoration

Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out.

Since you have purchased a Nitro Pro subscription, you don't need a serial number for activation. Instead, you can simply log in to activate your account.

Please follow these steps to get started:

Download and install Nitro Pro 14 NLS version from this link: Nitro Pro 14 NLS version

After installation, log in using your registered email address and password to activate Nitro.

If you encounter any difficulties or have questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Official Nitronaut
Leslie V
On 6/19/2024 at 6:26 PM, Igor Djordjevic said:

Hi Leslie,

Thank you, the link works now, i. e. it recognizes the license number. I am now getting an offer to upgrade to version 14 for a discounted price of EUR 89.99. I don't really consider this fair (agreeing entirely with the post of Izabela Pogracka Michalak above), because I neither did need, nor want the new version, and now I have to pay for it, but fine. It was obviously my error of judgement to delete the old installation file, lesson learned.

Prior to proceeding to payment and in order to avoid any further misunderstandings, I would just need one thing clarified: is this EUR 89.99 for permanent license ("one-time purchase", you know, like the one I had) or a renewable (annual) one?

Hello @Igor Djordjevic

I'm glad to hear that the link is working and recognizing your license number now. I understand your concerns regarding the upgrade offer.

To clarify, the EUR 89.99 is for a permanent license, meaning it's a one-time purchase, just like the one you had previously. This is not an annual renewable fee.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.