PDF compression

Jeroen Maas

Suggestion

Jeroen Maas

Hello, I have been a very satisfied user of PDF Pro for the past years.

However, I feel one major function is currently (still) missing, which is a powerful compression tool to minimize the size of a PDF file.

After creating a PDF file in Nitro, my firm usually has to resort to (online) third party apps for compressing the PDF document to a more usable filesize, in order to more easily share the document.

The 'PDF optimization' tool in Nitro does, unfortunately does not sufficiently do this job, as decreasing the file size compromizes the quality of the document too much. 

Adding a powerful compression tool would be a great improvement for Nitro, imho.

3 replies to this suggestion

Nil Koranlan

PDF compression feature should come with the new update. Since file compression sites are generally indexed by Google, our privacy becomes a problem. We expect this problem to be overcome with the new update.

Bryce Nesbitt

I agree, and also use third party tools for PDF size reduction.

All those tools are "automatic": Nitro could be more targeted.
For example needed to compress a file that had a picture needlessly stored in PNG or some other "lossless" format.

If Nitro had shown me the size of each page element it would have stuck out like a sore thumb....
and been readily replaced.   (That shaved 2.5 mb off the file right there manually converting to JPG).