Nitro crash on close after update from 14.22.1.0 to 14.24.1.0

Alexandre Ventura

Alexandre Ventura

Hi.

Recently after updating Nitro PDF to the latest version, windows started reporting systematic errors from Nitro PDF Pro. There is no error message, but Windows reliability reports lots of crashes.
After a while I noticed that the crash is recorded when I simply close Nitro after working with it, as if it was reporting it did not close properly.
For example, if I work with Nitro on 20 files, every time I close it, it generates the entry.
It only happens when I close it. I can work for 1h with the same PDF opened and no error is recorded. Once I press the close button or do File > Exit the error is generated.

I want to try reverting to the previous version to see if it stops happening, but I can only find the link to download the most recent one.
Is there an offline installer for previous versions that I can uses? I want to revert back to 14.22.1.0

NitroCrash.on.close.png

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Alexandre Ventura

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

You can download the 14.22.1.0 MSI offline installer here
I was able to reproduce the behavior and will further investigate it. Based on my testing, the critical events occurred while I was opening multiple files (I stopped after reaching 20 open files), and I did not need to close the application to trigger the event. 

Kind regards, 

Alexandre Ventura

Hi @Reymund Oyong

Thank you for your support.
I reverted back to version 14.22.1.0 using the installer, and I can confirm the error no longer occurs.
I tried working with several files and after exiting there is no error.
Seems to be something specific to 14.24.1.0

Do you require any addition information from my side like install or windows logs?

Thank you,
Alexandre

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Alexandre Ventura

I appreciate sharing this update. 

Let me try 14.22.1.0 on my end.
If the issue no longer occurs, I think I have all the information I need since I can reproduce it in 14.24. 

In any case, I will reach out to you through this post if I need additional information from another machine/environment. 

Thank you,