Upgrade to Nitro 14

BWells

Good afternoon.  

I currently have Nitro  PDF Pro 13.3.1 and trying to upgrade to version 14.  I understand it's a paid upgrade.  When I check, it shows the update and I'm able to download it, but the installation fails. 

My computer is an iMac running OS Sonoma 14.5.

Can someone assist, please.

Thank you,

Barbara

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Joseph Capiral

Hi @BWells

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums.

I understand you are trying to upgrade your Nitro PDF Pro 13 to version 14.

Please be informed that there is no upgrade path to version 14 of Nitro on Mac.

To get version 14, you need to get a subscription to Nitro Pro through our website or from the App Store.

Feel free to check our pricing page here for the Nitro Pro subscription: https://www.gonitro.com/pricing

Thank you. 

Kjeld Schmidt

I enouncered the exact same problem as Barbara. 

First, why do you, via the app, offer an update that is not available to me, and then, to boot, tell me it’s an error and that I should come back later? That is really annoying. 

Second, version 14 is only available as part of a subscription (https://www.gonitro.com/pricing). OK. Software houses are switching to that business model. I can accept that. But the subscription price per year is the same as the price for a "one-time purchase" license for the Windows version ("billed once"). $225 per year as opposed to $225 for a "one-time purchase". 

Third, am I to understand that you no longer will support Mac customers who have bought version 13 (for the price of a one-time license)