Paul

paulsnitro

paulsnitro

I am unable to flatten a document. Following the procedure outlined by Nitro (save-as, flattened) does not produce a flattened document?  is this a known issue? am I missing something?

thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Joseph Capiral
Posted (edited)

Hi @paulsnitro

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums.

I understand that you are having issues with flattening the document.

We don't have any known issue regarding the feature. 

I would love to know more about the issue. I have several questions for you:

- What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab 
- Is the issue file-specific, or is it happening in all files?
- Can you please send us sample files so we can check the file and replicate the issue?

For the sample file, feel free to send it through a message.

Thank you. 

Edited by Joseph Capiral

paulsnitro

Hi Joseph

thanks for the reply

-Nitro pdf pro 14.19.1.29

-this happened last time I needed to submit a flattened document. they kept rejecting the doc stating it was not flattened (they told me they were using Bluebeam?" to check the doc. I tried several times than needed to have someone with Adobe Acrobat Pro do it (I think that is what they used), in any case, I needed assistance because I could not get it flattened.

- the document is in the link below (my email server will not allow as one attachment) 

- docu sent via message

thanks

Paul

Andy Kow

Correct me if I'm wrong, Flatten means that there will be no layers and the text will not be OCR. Does Nitro Pro have that feature? I tested it with a normal PDF i created using MS Word, Save As PDF.

paulsnitro

Hi Joseph

Are there different degrees of flattening? You should not be able to highlight or select any part of the document. Using the Nito procedure to flatten still allows you to select part of the document. Does that mean it is not completely flattened? My receiver of the document is rejecting the document as "not flattened".  Can Nitro flatten the document completely so as to be acceptable by my receiver?

Paul