How can I check if licences are being used?

Dean Danasten-Jones

Dean Danasten-Jones

A former employee bought 5 licenses (in 2022) and distributed but I'm not sure which are in use and which are not and are free to send out to others to use.

How can you check on the software which licence is being used?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dean Danasten-Jones,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums, and our sincere apologies for the delay.

To assist you further, could you please provide the serial numbers of your Nitro Pro? This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

You can send the license details in this post, which will be visible to all the moderators. Rest assured, we will hide the serial number before making the post visible in this thread.

Thank you very much in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dean Danasten-Jones
Posted (edited)

Hi Allain,

Thanks for the response.

The serial numbers are as below;

Your Serial Number: 504939-uvxwyz-230988

Your Serial Number: 504960-uvxwyz-927113

Your Serial Number: 504979-uvxwyz-318899

Your Serial Number: 504945-uvxwyz-504099

Your Serial Number: 504997-uvxwyz-668945

Edited by Allain Umailin

Dean Danasten-Jones

Hi Allain,

Thanks for the message.

I was wonder if you could see when they were activated? or whether you have an email address attributed to the serial number?

I have asked one of the employees I know is using it but they can't find the serial number to see which they are using.

As we have had employees leave, we want to re-use the spare licences but we aren't sure which is in use.

I hope that makes sense.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dean Danasten-Jones

Thank you for your response.

Kindly note that when it comes to activation and the records we keep, our logs are based on a Computer ID, which is generated and stored exclusively within Nitro Pro's user interface. We are unable to see the computer names/user names that you are using internally for the machines.

We recommend always maintaining a list of this Nitro Pro-specific Computer ID for each corresponding user. One good scenario is that in case of a system failure and you cannot deactivate the license, you can refer to this list to get the Computer ID and then send it to us for manual deactivation. 

To locate them, please have your active users refer to these steps and send them to you for consolidation (disregard the machines that are no longer working as they are inaccessible):

a. Click the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Deactivate.
b. In the Nitro Pro Activation Assist dialog, click Advanced.
c. In the next dialog box, you will see the Computer ID.

I understand that this will require effort and time. However, having this list will help you track your Nitro Pro license usage.

I hope this helps!