PDF page objects

Fred Wilhelm

Hey guys and Gals,

I have a question about pdf with page objects on them.
I used to have a website and some pdf's of mine have objects on top of page showing my old website that i no longer have.
So I opened my pdf and cant remember how to remove page objects all at once.
I can click the page object on each page and hit delete but doing 100+ pages will take forever.
When I click the item and object tab opens but there is no mass delete.

So is there a way to remove all my objects at once without having to go page by page?
I dont remember how i added them as the pdfs are old old from many years ago.
I am not even sure I used Nitro back then but right now i can delete each object one at a time but am looking for a way to delete all at once.
They are not headers or footers as I checked that which is why I am asking.

Thanks in advance
Fred

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

So, if you want to delete all the items on a page, the easiest way is to use the Edit tool and drag the selection box around the whole page.  Then press the delete key and all the objects will be gone.  If you missed any, they'll be much easier to delete now that far fewer items are on the page.

Hope that helps- if not, let me know.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:20 PM, Steven Zakulec said:

So, if you want to delete all the items on a page, the easiest way is to use the Edit tool and drag the selection box around the whole page.  Then press the delete key and all the objects will be gone.  If you missed any, they'll be much easier to delete now that far fewer items are on the page.

Hope that helps- if not, let me know.

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the fast reply to my post/issue, i really appreciate it.

I have tried what you said but it did not work.
So i have a full pdf with hundreds of pages and at the very top of each page there is a yellow bar and it says my old website.
If I go to edit and i right click the bar first it deletes the yellow bar and then i right click and delete again and it deletes the web address.
But only on the page i am working on so then i have to go to next page and do it again and again, which is a pain when there are many pages.

I guess when i made the pdfs in Adobe Acrobat years and years ago i should have used headers but i was not thinking so i used the Objects option as it could do all pages at once when i entered the info i wanted. I was running a different version of windows years ago and my Adobe Acrobat was old then and it would not run on my new system so I got Nitro PDF Pro.

Anyways while waiting for a response I ended up deleting the web address and yellow bar in one pdf doing page at a time.
I have a few more pdfs to go but they can be done at later date.
It took me almost two hours as i had forgotten my passwords used when i made and protected the pdfs so had to keep trying until I got it unlocked.

No big deal if it can't be done as it was acrobat that made them and not all Acrobat options are in Nitro.
Thanks again for the help.
Have a great weekend.
Fred  

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Okay- it sounds like you should try out the redact feature, which lets you search, find, and remove things across multiple pages, and in the same spot.

Here's the page on redaction from the manual: http://guide.gonitro.com/articles/redaction/

If you can't get it to work, send a ticket to support- they should be able to help you figure out how to use the redact tool to do this.

Archived